Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Side Bar on Correc-Tone Music in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1096
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell - Thanks for putting this on the side bar of the Dyes site. I never knew about this part of the Detroit music business. There's a lot of history on those pages; as well as some clips of good tunes.

I bet if I knew about those songs at the time, me and my friends would have bought those records. We were always hanging around at the Eastown Record Shop on Harper near Van Dyke. It was pretty much right across the street from the Eastown Theater. The owner there usually got all our allowance. A 45 RPM back in the late 50s early 60s cost .59 cents! My friend Marie got a $10.00 a week allowance. She would walk out of that store with a stack of 45s! We thought her parents were rich!

I'm sending the link to my Motown friends that live out west now. They'll like this too.

Anyway, thanks for putting that up. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.