Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Granholm townhall meeting on WDIV « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody happen to catch the Townhall Meeting with the Gov. this evening? Was wondering if the decision to hold it in Grand Rapids had anything to do with the current state of affairs in the city?
Also felt the whole Windmill schpeal was filled with nothing more than hot air...

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it was a crock o' bull, S.O.S.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just watched the last 10 mins or so, of course Governor Granholm was the human equivalent of Michigan's Chamber of Commerce on a sunny summer day.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2108
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She put that theater degree to good use last night.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 373
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granholm has a THEATER DEGREE?! Ha! I didn't know that, but I've always felt she wanted to be an actress. But I've also felt she was the WORST actress I've EVER seen! She couldn't get a role in a B movie; she'd have to settle for "C" and "D" roles, which in her case, I guess, would be Attorney General and Governor.

I voted for the ol' girl, but good gawd I can't stand to watch her speeches. She's so phony, I have no IDEA when she's actually being sincere.

Goddam politicians.

Mozeewink
Username: Mozeewink

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

monahan, why do you feel that the windmill stuff is hot air?

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey!! check out her wiki page. interesting info..she Granholm was actually born in Canada, and did aspire to become an actress for many years and lived in Hollywood.

from wiki....

As a young adult she attempted to launch a Hollywood acting career but was unsuccessful and she abandoned her efforts at the age of 21. In 1980 she became a United States citizen and worked for John Anderson's independent run for US President, and enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley. She graduated from UC-Berkeley in 1984 Phi Beta Kappa with two BA degrees, one in political science, the other in French. Granholm then earned a Juris Doctor degree at Harvard Law School, also with honors.

I guess there is a fine line between actors and politicians...look at Schwartzenagger (??), Reagan, Sonny Bono, Ventura...etc. That's crazy!!

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I guess there is a fine line between actors and politicians...look at Schwartzenagger (??), Reagan, Sonny Bono, Ventura...etc.

Well Jesse Ventura was technically a wrestler. The thing about Schwarzenneger and Reagan (both govs of California) is that they are/were good leaders. Granholm isn't a good leader.

Kirkwood
Username: Kirkwood

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey folks- im the governor.

uh this state sucks dont do business here.

dont you think the politicians of this state ought to be selling our potential. being positive - not negative and trying to get folks to think differently about our future economy. i think the auto industry could use the business. why arent we using the coast?

and what exactly would the alternative be. DeVos who couldnt even discuss what he would do after cutting the business tax. two billion dollars. Talk about her initiatives and get others excited or bitch and moan.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1514
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"She graduated from UC-Berkeley in 1984 Phi Beta Kappa with two BA degrees, one in political science, the other in French. Granholm then earned a Juris Doctor degree at Harvard Law School, also with honors."

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.