Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Eastern market tomorrow « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jtw
Username: Jtw

Post Number: 211
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the snow we're scheduled to get, will eastern market have much going on tomorrow?

Pussygirl313
Username: Pussygirl313

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing to worry about. It will be just like any other Saturday as far as vendors go. The crowd might be light which is not a bad thing.
Go and have a good time.

Single_malt
Username: Single_malt

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny thing...the wife and I are planning on going from a few days ago. I'll be there!

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 121
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crowded, not-so-crowded, cold, not-so-cold, snowy, slushy, sunny........hung-over, haven't been to bed.....hungry, need groceries? It's Saturday. Any time before 4.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 517
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear from another forumer that it's the last day for Mary at the Flying Apron Bakery :-( She is still going to sell in a shed, but tomorrow is her last day indoors (according to what I heard). I do not know what the status will be with the French pastry chef who also sells baked goods there. I would be curious to find out.

Stock up on the red velvet cupcakes! And wish Mary well...

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Foot traffic is lighter than usual in Eastern Market this morning. The line is NOT out the door at Zeffs for the first time in a few months. The lady and I will be walking over to the market in a few minutes for our weekly stop at Rocky''s.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7963
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very quiet day at the Market today, for a beautiful late winter/early spring day today.

Butchers Inn and Vivios were both comparatively empty.

But Spring is here, it will be bustling again soon.

Gambling_man
Username: Gambling_man

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flying Apron Bakery? Which one is that? Is this the one on the corner with the blue awning?
I was there saturday, any store that doesn't take credit cards is completely useless in my estimation. Also, does anyone know what in the hell is going on with Flat Planet Pizza? They pull down their steel shades? Are they open at all?

Rfban
Username: Rfban

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 6:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flat Planet Pizza--Closed.
Flying Apron Bakery--Closed.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.