Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Can someone tell me why "today is a dark day in detroit"? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 97
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is per Bang Bang, and as I love the band and am friends with many friends and fans of the band, I'm hoping nothing tragic has happened to someone I know over the weekend

"to all that have suffered a loss this weekend we love and care for you. detroit is really gonna miss these folks. if you dont know what we are talking about i apologize for the vagueness but i really dont know what else to say.

today is a dark day in detroit"

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 687
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No idea, but read the DN's coverage of the impromptu graveyard on Mansfield. Seems like a very dark day from the standpoint of 'back-to-the-City' and urban-supremacy partisans.

Hockey_player
Username: Hockey_player

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice touch in that Detroit News story having a photo of the police dog taking a shit in the field.

Rocknrollscientist
Username: Rocknrollscientist

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alley, that message from the band was in reference to a friend who passed away Saturday night.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.metrotimes.com/edit orial/story.asp?id=3198
RIP Dave K

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.