Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Avalon Bakery Featured in Fortune Small Business « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jdkeepsmiling
Username: Jdkeepsmiling

Post Number: 326
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a great article about the success of Avalon Bakery. It also is rather positive about the city. Happy Reading.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/2 4/smbusiness/Avalon_Breads.fsb /index.htm?postversion=2008032 413

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1730
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great to read something like this. These are the little things that make people change their minds about our city.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 690
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay yay yay!

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 548
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to Jackie & Ann! They deserve this great attention.

Quality product, and a quality way of life for their employees. Mix in an undying dedication to the City and that's Avalon.

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, great article. I love the Avalon. I hope they can hold it together during their move a few blocks over. My family stops by each week for their delicious baked goods.

Unfortunately mass marketing conditions consumers into seeking picture perfect products, making handmade goods look...suspicious.

Keeping the product consistent in shape/size is not important - it's the quality of the product that counts. The problem is that customers need to be re-educated that a slightly mishapen cinnabun doesn't make it taste bad. That's why I love the Detroit Eastern Market - the produce isn't Meijer's consistent in size and shape, but it is 10 times fresher (and cheaper).

See yah at the Avalon!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.