Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Anyone remember Dr. Howell? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember going to Dr. Bert Howell, who had a tiny office on Whittier at Lakepointe? He didn't have a nurse, and was a very kind man. He even made house calls in his '59 Cadillac. That was in the days when the hypodermic syringes weren't disposable. I used to hate the sound of him assembling one of those to give me a shot. I can still visualize that little closet/medicine cabinet area built into the wall in the office where he kept all his meds and other tools of the trade. When you went to his office, you just took a seat in the waiting room, and he would come out and look around and say "who's next?" and it was up to the people in the room to know who got there before whom. Just wandering down memory lane a bit....sorry.
Top of pageBottom of page

Afriend
Username: Afriend

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOL... sounds like a nice family doc. Hope he treated you well!

Nowadays, with only 12 minutes scheduled per visit, he wouldn't even have time to put his syringe together. Interesting how times have changed.

Here's to your continued health!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.