Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Saw the pizza thread « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ongowwah
Username: Ongowwah

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll go one better, the best pizza used to be from Little Italy when they were on the southeast corner of Gratiot and McCellan. The best bowling alley food was at Fantasy Lanes 7 mi and Hayes area which is now torn down. The best hot dogs used to be at Greasy Spoons which was down the street from Leytons at Harper Van Dyke area.

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the amount if neon has is any indication on the quality of pizza, than HAPPY'S has got to be out of this world.

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 305
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone else ever confused the pizza that the Happy's guy is holding, with the steam rising off of it and the view of it in profile, with a smoldering spliff? I swear, take a look at it again and check out the look on Happy's face.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 440
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His eyes are red.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was more confused by this threads title “Saw the Pizza…” then I was by the Happy's guy, Treelock. I was ready for some really tuff pizza story, but perhaps that’s because a friend of mine once cut a whole watermelon into slices with a cross-cut saw when he couldn’t find the carving knife.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ongowwah - I totally agree with you on Little Italy's pizza. Funny thing you mention it, I was just thinking about that place a couple of days ago.

As for Leyton's, the mother of one of my friends worked there. They had the nicest clothes in the area.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mmmmmm....Pizzaaa....

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh huh, and why couldn't this go in the pizza thread that you saw, but somehow felt was inadequate to cover discussion of pizza?

;)

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 553
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, next thing you know someone will start a "Saw the 'Saw the Pizza Thread' thread."

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 892
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did mashed potatoes with a drill motor, and crisped the Turkey with blow torches back in my "early" Bachelor day's.
No helmut required. Don't get me started on.......?

Ongowwah
Username: Ongowwah

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 6:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 7:19 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Uh huh, and why couldn't this go in the pizza thread that you saw, but somehow felt was inadequate to cover discussion of pizza?

;)

Since we're asking questions, here's mine. Why did you feel the need to post a response to a thread you obviously felt didn't belong? Anyway, if it will continue to bolster your superiority complex: I'm so sorry I offended you. PLEASE forgive me. I'll try to be more careful next time. But above all I beg to you, continue at all cost to scrutinize my future postings and threads and also to point out my forum faux pas and inferiorities. By the way, are sure your post was actually a legit sentence?

(Message edited by ongowwah on March 29, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.