Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Sonic in Southgate « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 87
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone confirm if this rumor is true. I live on the eastside and can honestly say have never been to Southgate. However I would take a road trip if Sonic does open their first Michigan store there.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tis true

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2756
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool. They're opening two in the South Bend area where I live. The closest one to me right now is in Kokomo, IN.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1882
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old news. It's very true.

I heard there's one planned at Fairlane too.

I hope the franchise owner opens in Roseville like Culvers and Del Taco did, because I'm on the eastside and Southgate's out of the way.

Chitaku

Post Number: 1925
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can get there fast and then you take it slow, that's where we wanna go

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it is old news to you Detroitrise then why would you come into this thread?

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2757
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

If it is old news to you Detroitrise then why would you come into this thread?

He's hoping to give the weather report on opening day.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1883
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If it is old news to you Detroitrise then why would you come into this thread?"

To answer your question, why else?

I was also letting you know that the Sonics thing was old news.

What's the issue?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1884
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"He's hoping to give the weather report on opening day."

haha, yeah, well that's better than posting in every thread every second in the sports section or Non-Detroit.

Harrump! :-)

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1730
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One planned in Flint as well.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 408
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the exact date it opens?

Cushkid
Username: Cushkid

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live practically across the street, The building is up and looks done on the outside. There is still no cement poured for the driveway and no signs of the drive up parking.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5846
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, well I guess all those advertising dollars they've spent in this Sonic-free region for the past two years may finally have a purpose then!

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their all over down here. Great food but kind of pricey for fast food. We check out their milk shakes, multiple flavors.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made it a point to eat at one on my last roadtrip, delicious! Can't wait for the one to open in Southgate!

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 160
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is unrelated, but growing up in the Downriver area, where my knowledge of the northern suburbs was rather limited (I can probably count the times I've been to Macomb County on one hand and Oakland County on two), I always find it odd when people from the suburbs say "East Side" or "West Side". I especially think it's funny due to the fact that this region is so fractured and that any notion of being a "side" of a greater whole seems "backwards" (or shall I say too "forward").

But then I guess Downriver is sort of like the suburban version of Southwest Detroit, it's own little world...

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 760
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've waited all this time for a Sonic in MI and now that I am moving to North Carolina, one opens up!

GOod thing they are in NC but I feel like I had to wait anyway

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7250
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 7:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY Sonic! The restaurant from the west is coming to Michigan. Now if only Jack In The Box can come to Detroit.

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 540
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh dear Lord my prayers have been answered. Strawberry Limeades on me.

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old news is right. Like February 20th old ;-)

http://thenewsherald.com/stori es/022008/loc_20080220001.shtm l

"In addition to the Southgate drive-in, a Sonic in Canton Township is in the works.

As planned or proposed, communities that will be home to additional Sonic restaurants could include Flat Rock, Lincoln Park, Taylor, Woodhaven, Monroe, Livonia, Westland and Garden City."

Chitaku

Post Number: 1928
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all locations are going to be downriver?

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cannot wait to go for my traditional Sonic breakfast! Two breakfast burritos and a chocolate cream pie shake!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 197
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you just order a $5 milkshake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xpPZ5d0fcac

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

UGH!

Not one north or eastside location! :-(

(Message edited by DetroitRise on April 01, 2008)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sonic makes the best Cherry Limeade in the world. It's full of marischino cherry bits. I only wish they were putting one up here in the North side.

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"all locations are going to be downriver?"

No. But the guys building the Sonics are from Grosse Ile, which might explain why they want to put five locations downriver. That does seem a little excessive. I don't understand the hype around this restaurant. But aside from Southgate and Canton, all the other locations are just proposed.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of out of state chains. I heard we are getting a FATZ restaurant at Tel 12. Any one confirm?

Melody
Username: Melody

Post Number: 178
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to my first Sonic last month on the way back from SXSW. We had a car but we didn't want to eat in it so we ordered from the picnic area.

The most annoying thing: having to convey my order to someone through a speaker when I could look inside the building (that I wasn't allowed into) and see them talking into a microphone.

The best thing: the chick who comes around with a whole tray of condiments. Different dips, salt, napkins, the whole shebang.

Sonic burgers are so-so, it's all about the drinks! Frozen juice slushies, yum!

Tk65
Username: Tk65

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive been eating Sonic for years on my trips to the south. Its not very good. Trust me when I say that. I am interested to see if they stick with the drive up service. For some reason I dont think new build drive ins are legal in Michigan.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 4115
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon, a Sonic burger beats anything from McD's or BK, hands down.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 770
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fatburger is up and running at Tel12

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok a Fatburger? Is that the same thing as FATZ? I'm assuming no? I stopped and tried Sonic for the first time while on vacation last month in Mt Airy NC. Loved it, great fast food burger, second only to Halo Burger.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Fury13, you got that right :-)

Didn't you guys notice the huge quotation on upscale?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.