Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » "DEA" on Spike TV « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4025
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad I don't have this channel. I'd watch the first episode just for this:

quote:

The best moments come when the show goes afield to show the camaraderie between the men who share this stressful job.

At one point, as two officers wait for a sting to go down, a neighborhood resident, suspicious of two white men in his black neighborhood, orders them off the block.

When they protest, he says, in what could be the funniest appropriation of H & R Block’s catchphrase, “I own the alley. I got people.”

The two agents are forced to bluff to explain their presence. They are completely unconvincing and they know it.

Boston Herald

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1601
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the show and they didn't say ONE positive thing about the city.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I saw it too, but I and my husband just thought it was schmaltzy. As a matter of fact, he loves those type of shows and he fell asleep.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1602
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They made Detroit seem like the wild wild west.

"over half a million guns loose on the street"

"cops get shot in Detroit just because they are cops"

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1518
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"cops get shot in Detroit just because they are cops"

Yeah, that one caught me too. I think the poor guy just wanted to make sure he got some camera time by saying something shocking.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1603
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It may look like a 3rd world country in some areas but damn, we don't just go randomly shooting cops.

Motown
Username: Motown

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 7:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If only you people knew.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.