Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » New Ambassador Bridge starting? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Guideboat
Username: Guideboat

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove down Fort Street the other day and was surprised to see concrete support pillars popping up along the Ambassador bridge near the truck customs area. Is Manny Maroun getting a jump on everyone by starting to build the bridge before all the ducks are in a row?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking the same thing when I went by there... I saw those concrete pillars as well, kinda odd to me.

Detroithabitater
Username: Detroithabitater

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

didn't somebody mention something about a similar think happening on the windsor side?

Guideboat
Username: Guideboat

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll snap some pics the next time I go by there.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 279
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it's already been done on the Windsor side. A short approach for a twinned bridge has been built right beside the Ambassador, with additional toll booths and everything. It looks to be pretty much all done and just waiting for a bridge to actually connect to, but it's all blocked off by concrete dividers in the meantime.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks to be mainly a big twirling ramp and toll plaza that's just going to connect to the existing bridge for now.

I took a screenshot from this document: http://www.michigan.gov/docume nts/mdot/MDOT_Gateway_Project_ Newsletter_Feb-Mar_2008_Englis h_224540_7.pdf

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.