Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Michigan Opera theater live radio broadcast on WRCJ 90.9 FM this Sunday April 6th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scarefest
Username: Scarefest

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone!

I just heard an announcement that
WRCJ, 90.9 FM, will have a LIVE radio broadcast April 6th from the Detroit Opera House - a Michigan Opera Theater performance of Bellini's La Sonnambula. Its at 2PM.

The broadcast will be on the second floor lobby if you are attending the performance.

How cool that Detroit is doing something like this!~sf~

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Outstanding! I will make the time to listen. Finally a Saturday afternoon opera broadcast. I really miss the Met broadcasts that used to be on WDET. I know they are on the CBC, (eh) but it's just not the same.

Mozeewink
Username: Mozeewink

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't it the Met's performance? Regardless, its great that this is taking place.

Detsfb
Username: Detsfb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's great to hear the performance will be broadcast. I love the Saturday Met broadcasts. This weekend La Boheme will be broadcast from the Met in HD to theaters around the country. For an opera-filled weekend check it out: http://www.metoperafamily.org/ metopera/broadcast/hd_events.a spx

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 807
Posted on Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clear this up for me - will the performance of the opera be broadcast, or only the radio station broadcasting (a live DJ) from the opera house?

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe it will be a live performance like "Live from the Met" and the live performance that the MOT did of Cyrano...very cool!

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6623
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, that leaves a lot of ambiguity (for those who haven't seen Live from the Met) or don't listen to these types of braodcasts in general.

It will be a live radio broadcast. Check, got that!

I assume that some guy (DJ or whatever) is going to be located in the Mezzanine Foyer (2nd level at DOH) and do his little bit of talking from there. I also assume that the microphone will be inside the auditorium, since any concert sounds from outside the auditorium in the Mezzanine Foyer will be muffled at best. Am I right so far?

OK, I think that may have answered Matt_the Deuce's questions.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.