Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit-Made Organic Pasta « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 695
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgive if it was mentioned before, but I was putting dinner together and was very pleased to learn a little about http://www.edenpasta.com from the back of the packaging.

Truly a gem... apparently Eden Pasta has been around forever and a day (1923) in the city (as Schmidt) and was also the first independently (third-party) certified organic facility, just north of Gratiot and 94.

Proof positive that there are ways to succeed in the city!

I will now make sure to buy it every time... and the spinach spirals helped be part of a mean chicken alfredo dish made all the tastier with my new-found knowledge.

Made my day and thought I would share.

Gaz
Username: Gaz

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it only local? If I can find it in Arizona, I will buy it.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 696
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's cool is that Pasta ships well since it's virtually non-perishable.. go to the site, they have an online store if you drill down to the products. Here is the page with the spirals:

http://edenpasta.com/products/ 60wg.html

For the benefit of others here, I found it at Hollywood Market.

Gaz

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! I will check it out.

Gaz

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I contacted Eden Pasta, and I can buy Eden Products here! Thank you again - Eden Pasta now has a new customer. FYI - Sprouts carries them.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the link!

Username: 48202

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eden Pasta is part of Eden Foods, which was founded in Ann Arbor in 1968, and is now located in Clinton, MI.
Click here to find stores which carry Eden Foods.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.