Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit prostitutes know how to make eye contact « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 793
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that the 'toots in teh area are hilarious...they stand in the middle of the street and stare you down while you are trying to turn.

I think that if we all the type of eye contact they have, we'd all have great jobs and would be moving to the top of the ladder!

they simply don't back down

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Mrsj. You are right about that. They will stare right at you like they are trying to read you mind or something!

This is kinda sad but its a true story... I've got some commercial property in Detroit in the Livernois/Fenkell area and I'd been having problems with illegal dumping so from time to time I'll drive by, at night, to see whats going on. One night about two weeks ago, as I was on my way home, I caught a glimpse of what looked to be a half naked lady in a wheelchair near Fenkell/Wyoming. WTF! So I continue Westbound on Fenkell for about 5-6 blocks and my curiosity gets the best of me. I turn around and go back to confirm what I thought I saw... Not only was she in a wheelchair with her top up over her head, exposing her chest, but she only had one leg!?(which explains the need for the wheelchair) She saw me turn around and falsely assumed that I was a potential customer and started wheeling out in the street towards my truck! Needless to say I got the hell out of there in a hurry! If someone had told my this same story I wouldn't have believed them.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6302
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bdglsmn, your girlfriend sounds really tasty. Girls on jjaba's corner look much nicer and they sit right on his hood at a stop light. Now that's eye contact.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just look for the rabbitfur coats

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bdglsm

the one legged prosty is famous, she used to frequent michigan and central where i lived

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 340
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much does she charge? Are her services half price?

Bdglsmn

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wheeew... Thanks Chitaku. I was worried that everyone would think that I'm crazy or something!

Thats some fancy hood ornament ya got there jjaba!

Flyingj

Post Number: 126
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spacemonkey, all she asks is that you play Paul McCartney songs on the radio

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5023
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is her name Peggy? <groan>

Mclark
Username: Mclark

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flyingj, that's just wrong... and funny as hell. I live near the Inkster Michigan Ave hooker alley. They don't even seem to blink when a patrol car comes by. And they are ALWAYS out, even when it's bitterly cold.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite two or three years ago was the young lady standing on the shoulder of I-94 on the east side, no doubt just looking for someone to give her a lift, dressed in the "uniform" (mucho cleavage, miniskirt, go-go boots).

I don't suppose the young ladies around here can get $4000 a pop like the one servicing the former governor of New York, you think? For $4000 I'd want sex and my house painted.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 451
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ran across a lovely lady named Peaches near the Heidelberg Project last summer. She seemed to really enjoy riding that bike slowly up and down the block in her teeny miniskirt and chatting up the guys I was with.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6304
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimaz and Professorscott, clasics, HOF posts!

Do you know how to control a whore in New York?
Put a Governor on her.

jjaba, Remembering Lowell's Anderson Gardens in the old days.

Papermoon
Username: Papermoon

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bdglsmn, Chitaku,
A couple of years ago, I was out late at night with some gal pals driving thru midtown on Cass. Stopping for a red light, we hear all this yelling coming from somewhere, and looking around, see your "friend" wheeling herself towards us, yelling who knows what. I patched out when the light changed!

Bdglsmn

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimaz said...
Is her name Peggy? <groan>

I was thinking Ilene.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a very memorable experience with a hooker over by The Heidelberg Project. It is so burned into my retina that I've tried staring into an arc welder to burn it out, but alas, it's still there.

It was early evening on a glorious late summer day. The sun was a warm orange, no humidity, just a kiss of a breeze. In short, a perfect day.

I tuned onto Mt. Elliot after checking out The Project and headed to the light at Mack. Turned on the blinker for a right turn and spied a beautiful young lady on the opposite corner.

She was mid-20s, a tasty mocha brown, petite with bare legs that traveled up and into a light baby-doll print dress. She was back-lit and that orange sun wrapped her in a virginal halo, she was in a word: a vison.

She was waiting for the light to change as was I and she saw me looking. She dipped her head and smiled, then waved. Not a real wave, more like just raising her hand running her fingers through the air.

A sweet little wave, demur and friendly. I sat at the light, now not wanting it to change and just drank in this pretty lady. But change it did, and as I crept through my right turn, this little vison smiled, looked me right in the eye, her hand fell to her hem and is a half second she pulled up the hem to mid waist.

And there, in a lovely light, stood Jim and The Twins standing tall and ready.

Now that image is burned in your retina. Enjoy.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6305
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnonme, please, no driving while you smoke those funny papers, and no posts under similar conditions. Thanks, your 1024 is a classic, HOF post.

jjaba, cruising Livernois and Michigan.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 136
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahahahaha Good one Gnome!

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome,

So how much did she set you back?

Jjaba

Post Number: 6308
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When jjaba was out there, it was $4.00 "around the world" down on John R about where Comerica Park is now. Probably inflation since then.
jjaba.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2236
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John R and Erskine. NW corner. Two blocks south of Mack Avenue and one block East of Woodward.
You west siders always crossed over to the good side of town. Better pickins here.
And you guys always asked for your dollar back when you handed her a fiver. Lousy tippers on the West side.

Gnome

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Probably inflation since then.

you might want to rephrase that.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 353
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the wonderful story Gnome...that brought back the memory of leaving the fireworks downtown when I was a kid. As we were crossing Jefferson from the Ren Cen, I looked to the side to see two men making out with each other. It wasn't a pretty sight...now I have that sight stuck in my mind again. Thanks

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2237
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, sometimes jjaba can be as subtle as a hernia at a weight -lifting contest.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then there is that cutie on Fort St. with the eyepatch that always will keep an eye out for you.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12225
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite sighting was during a snowstorm, one street east of Cass on Temple...the woman was shoveling her corner!

I walked by seriously impressed with her civic-mindedness.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A long time ago, there use to be one lady on Woodward, near the Fox, who liked to wear pink fuzzy bedroom slippers. My two little daughters always looked for her when we drove down to the Ethnic festivals.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6309
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, HOF post. Rack it.
Sounds like the old ethnic grocers around Detroit who washed their sidewalks each morning.

jjaba, Westside Memories.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba mentioned Anderson's Gardens. Early in my career I was a claims adjuster. We wore cheap Sears suits - all we could afford - & drove plain Ford 4 door sedans - company cars. After Wings games 4 of us would park in front of Andersons & walk in as all the ladies headed out the back door. We never had to pay for a beer & were usually given plates of cold cuts. Wonder why?

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba, I don't know what they get for "around the world" now, but I can tell you getting a house painted costs a damn sight more than it did back then.

When I was a City Councilman in a south Oakland County community back fifteen years or so, our policewomen were always getting offered twenty or thirty bucks when they would do prostie stings out on Woodward. My guess would be more like fifty now, but then the economy is in the crapper so who knows?

There was always somebody trying to get some action for five bucks in those days, when the going rate was at least twenty. I always wondered about that. Seemed like a strange thing to try to chisel on.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 620
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Most interesting thread yet, Mrs.J! Carry on.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the part of "trickle down" economics that I hate to hear.

Zephyrmec
Username: Zephyrmec

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"trickle down" should not be posted on a thread about hookers.

Flyingj

Post Number: 129
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this story has been posted here but, if you can find it, after reading this book you won't even look @ Detroit hookers(I'd read the junkie hooker @ the heart of it is now a respected soccermom near Ann Arbor);
http://thelisalog.blogs.com/th e_lisa_log/2006/01/masquerade. html

Jjaba

Post Number: 6312
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Professorscott, johns got budgets just like anybody else.

jjaba.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not to be a buzzkill or anything...but do you guys know where I can some threads making light of things like child abuse or domestic violence ?

Whenever I see Detroit's working girls I just feel real down and sorry for them.

Do you think they know that they're entertainment for y'all ?

It's called exploitation of women. Now why don't you all move along. I hear there's a really interesting thread on Detroit streetcars somewhere. Dorks.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 154
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow that's emo! I'd be willing to bet that 90% of those women exploited THEMSELVES so they could shoot smack or smoke crack, and I don't find that reason to feel sorry for someone.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Do you think they know that they're entertainment for y'all ?

yes

Raggedclaws

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So did you survey them Alley or are you just that smart ? You know that their pimps don't always stand out there with them, right ?

And your suggestion that having compassion is 'emo'...you're showing your age, Alley. No one over 16 gives a fuck about emo, duuuuuude.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

duuuuuuuuuuuuude...I'm 30 and yes I did survey them

Gnome

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like its time to deal with your Prufrockian constipation and scuttle off across the silent seas back to your solitary land of navel gazing.

Send us some pix of helping some poor prosty comb out the nits from her welcome mat and we can talk; till then, EMO child, save your guilt trip speech for Tom Athans.

Karenk
Username: Karenk

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raggedclaws, I didn't find this thread amusing either. Even if they hook to feed a habit, there is always a sorry ass reason why these "girls" started using in the first place. I guess they must have met some of the men on this thread, that would turn me to drugs. Shame on you.

Marauderkev
Username: Marauderkev

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karenk,
What a nasty thing to say about Karl

Raggedclaws

Post Number: 175
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lemme guess, gnome...she gave you a bad case of crabs ?

We know why I was dismayed about this thread, but what's YOUR deal ? You're awfully angry, my friend.

BTW, love that you got the reference to my screen name. Did you remember my earlier mention of it or figure it out on your own ?

Sorry if the nature of my post offended you, Gnome. And for the record all of my Repub friends feels the same as I do...this thread is low-brow and having enough compassion and might I say class not to make light of the working girls' plight has nothing to do with political orientation. Love the reference to Athans. Almost as telling as Alley using 'emo'.

Bdglsmn

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Disclaimer...
This thread was made on a closed track and the producers of this thread are trained professionals. Do not attempt this at home.

No prostitutes were actually harmed in the production of this thread. The prostitutes depicted in this thread are still free to walk (or roll in the case of Peggy) the streets of this fair city at their discretion and their lives have not been adversely affected by this thread.

To register complaints about this thread please feel free to call 1-800-GET-A-LIFE.

Flyingj

Post Number: 131
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raggedclaws & karenk, years ago when I got off-work. I was waiting on traffic in the driveway of my job when my passenger door whipped open & a 12-year old girl who was dressed inappropriately goes "Hey-you wanna date?". Having been on my feet all day, I screamed. She screamed. I tore outta there. Since then, I realized if it had been say, a carjacker, he woulda filled me full of slugs for the chance of illicit ownership of a Plymouth Sportsman van with a 318 motor & 120K on the odometer. Like a real-life Grand Theft Auto, hookers take the place of carjackers on our streets, where there are dolphins there are no sharks. God Bless Them

Gnome

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, but than again I've never heard of a good case of the crabs. Have you?

Not angry, peaved by the Alan Alda-like mambiness.

The Elliot reference isn't obscure. If you want obscure pick something that hasn't been read on Captain Kangaroo.

The focus of my ire is the FEELING bad part. Do something about it if you really feel for the ladies. Talking about it is sooo Phil Donahue. Let's all feel bad for the prosty, but lock the doors to the Volvo wagon while we drive on and cluck our tongues.

Raggedclaws

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome: above point well-taken. Can we assume that you you translate every compassionate feeling you have into action ? If so, good for you, my man.

Never said the Eliot reference was obscure. I was surprised that YOU got it. Get it ?

And finally, your suggestion that I do something for the ladies since I feel for them implies that you know me well enough to assume that I'm not already. You don't know me.

I'll say again...this thread is low-brow.

Spacemonkey

Post Number: 348
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hookers ARE hilarious. End of thread.

Lifeinmontage
Username: Lifeinmontage

Post Number: 90
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think karenk and raggedclaws are a little upset cuz the other girls at the dance got the going rate of 20, while they're left in the corner with professorscott's 5 dollar vice girls.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5039
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still trying to figure out what prostitution has to do with "my Repub friends."

Oh.

aka Jeff Gannon

Jim Guckert
Nevermind.

Outoftowner
Username: Outoftowner

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was a good three until Raggedclaws had to bring it down. Thanks a lot.

Outoftowner
Username: Outoftowner

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make that "thread."

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 803
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whoa...how did this thread turn awry?

to folks that are offended - please don't enter the "crack head" thread I might start later today. :-)

Flyingj

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure Motor City Mink & Detroit Slim fear encountering Raggedclaws disapproval in a dark alley;
http://www.wxyz.com/news/local /story.aspx?content_id=771eebe 6-5861-4874-8cc1-34ffa2756eff

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess "Novi Slim" doesn't sound as tough for this suburban pimp ...

Spacemonkey

Post Number: 367
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He shoulda called himself "Craig's List Creep".

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.