Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Shields Pizza -hopefully before Labor day « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 599
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I emailed Shields Pizza to ask about the status of the downtown Grand Circus Location and got this response:
"Bill: After working through some red tape with the city and complications with the building we are about to begin construction. We hope to be open before Labor Day. Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to meeting you! Paul and Peter Andoni

Hopefully it will happen, a good addition for the area...
----- Original Message -----

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4343
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds great, just in time for the World Series!

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1040
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobj, have you been under a rock for the last week?

just playin

Bobj

Post Number: 4345
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 358
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forget the Tigers, just in time for the Lions!

Bobj

Post Number: 4355
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Onward down the FIELD!

Detsfb
Username: Detsfb

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has been 'coming soon' since I moved downtown nearly a year ago. I'll believe it when I see it.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6043
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detsfb, only in the city a year, and already an experienced, seasoned Detroiter.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw that Shields was coming to Grand Circus on Friday, I was so excited. I go, "Wow Shields is coming to Detroit!" My aunt responds, "You mean it's coming BACK to Detroit." lol.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Onward down the FIELD! unhunh!, the new lyrics are as follows:

To the tune of Gridiron Heroes, by Graham T. Overgard

Backwards up the field,
A Lions team that they will yield,
Another touchdown to our foes,
And that will add to the fans woes,
Loose, Loose, Loose,
Lions fans in hell,
Because old man Ford he won't sell,
Millen he can't think,
So thus the Lions stink!

Copyright, Hornist 2008

Wanderinglady
Username: Wanderinglady

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Hornist,

Do you mean "lose", as in "the Lions lose a close one", or "loose", as in "the Lions failed to grab the loose ball"?

Otherwise, good song!

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 361
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like pizza.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever here the Polish Muslim's song "Our Pizza's Shields" as sung to the Go Gos tune Our Lips Are Sealed.

Bobj

Post Number: 4382
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least we can eat good pizza and drink beer while we watch our teams suck air

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 461
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not a huge Shield's fan but I would go to their downtown location to try it out.

...then spend my night shacked up in the Book Cadillac!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.