Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Fire in W. Bloomfield « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watching on CNN the assisted living center fire. The three story ladder rescues of the residents was awesome. God bless the firefighters.

The buildings are evacuated, no serious injuries.

Just wanted to say, "wow, firefighters are cool!".

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 497
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They sure are.

Don't you love to hear stories of them being shot at when they go into a bad area or situation. Or about their equipment being too old to work or broken, or them not getting paid enough or not having enough of the?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2444
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Live coverage: http://www.wxyz.com/content/vi deo/stream.aspx

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4064
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heartbreaking for the seniors who lose what little they've pared their life down to - family photos, sentimental keepsakes, etc.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully there wasn't too much damage. didn't they say the fire was in the roof in a construction area? Anyhow, the place looks like it's real nice, doesn't it?

When I get old, you won't find me living on the third floor. No way do I want to be on tv being hoisted down a ladder, my legs all akimbo!

Again, YAY FIREFIGHTERS!

Birwood
Username: Birwood

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank You All....Yes the WBFD boys did us proud today

BIRWOOD--DFD retired

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.