Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Finney lamp post « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bobceng
Username: Bobceng

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This will probably be a short thread, but does anyone remember the cast-iron lamp post standing near Cadieux, in front of Cannon Rec Center? I am not originally from this area of Detroit, but really admired it every time I drove past it on Cadieux. Someone knocked it over last Summer, and when it remained (broken in pieces) for a week or so, I picked them up before a scrapper could. It would be nice if someone remembered anything about it, or had any history on it; I intend to put it back together, and get it working again. I live on Kensington, so it's going to remain in the neighborhood. I know this has got to pre-date Finney, and possibly Cannon.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I have no memory of this Lamp post. I went to Cannon Rec activities in elementary and attended Finney Jr. & Sr High. I live in EEV so I pass there all the time. Even though I have no memory of this, I am glad you plan to restore it and it didn't hit the scrap yard. Good luck

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 512
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 6:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That entire walkway from Cadieux to the building had lamp posts benchs and drinking fountains.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2135
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch it, Danny's going to come in and say the black kids were destroying them or the black people running DPS caused the items to falll into disrepair so they removed them.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.