Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » What is wrong with Monica Conyers? » Archive through April 11, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tacoaficionado
Username: Tacoaficionado

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone please explain to me what is going on inside that lady's head?

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2225
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who really cares thats something her and a shrink should figure out all I know is she just needs to go.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 476
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She must be off her meds, but apparently she doesn't care what the media thinks.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=6283912&version=2&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1. 1

(Message edited by leland_palmer on April 11, 2008)

Tacoaficionado
Username: Tacoaficionado

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She tells Cockrel to grow up yet she is the one acting like a three year old. The Shrek reference is something a child would say. Another classic City Council moment!

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GHETTO AND DISRESPECTFUL!!

Detsfb
Username: Detsfb

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel sorry for her husband--a relatively normal and respected US representative. As far as I can tell, Monica is absolutely out of her mind. And blaming the media? How very Kwamesque.

Calling a city council member Shrek?! Really Monica, really?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YZQLxVO-qjM

Warrenite84
Username: Warrenite84

Post Number: 294
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Now there's a class act. Just think, she's going to take his place when he takes KK's job.

Warren has similar issues but not the national presence Detroit has.

When these elected officials lack the sense to adhere to meeting rules, and enact narrow minded policies, no wonder businesses are staying away.

Her cloak of religiousity doesn't jive with her poor conduct either.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 782
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The media plays it like it wants to. How is that, by editing the whole thing. I should have recognized something was amiss when I saw the hearing wasn't being held outdoor in the farmyard like it really was.

Calling all ghetto trash...you must leave Detroit, and leave now. You have 24 hours. If you don't, I'm going to freaking kill everyone of you because God said it's ok and I'm a child of God. I live here, so I'm justified in saying that. No one voted for me to live where I do.

[/end cynicism

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 882
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's no wonder with "leaders" like that city council gets no respect. Maybe that's what they used to do at her dinner table but this is a public forum and her outburst shows how immature she is. No class and another poor example for others not to follow.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was speechless after viewing the "spat" in council on camera. I saw the thread about Monica. I didn't know the circumstances regarding this thread until a friend called. We checked a short video stream of the exchange on WDIV and then also on the forum. Conyers is so stupid she did't recognize that her Shrek screechings were actually a compliment. Shrek was the hero of the Disney Flick. Then, in her refusal to apologize for her remarks after the session she claimed to "to be a child of God". I can only ask which God, Baal maybe? She must be borrowing Kwame's PR staff. Her claims that, the Press are racist non Detroiters and so is their viewing public, is asinine. Yesterday, I would have said hands down that Watson was the most obnoxious council member but with Conyers actions and comments today, Watson will have to work triple overtime to regain her title as queen bitch on board.

In additional, Conyers seemed to be implying that Kenneth is some kind of domestic creep who is disrepectful of women. I have met his family on a few occasions. His wife is articulate and intelligent,the kids were bright and well behaved. I have met him and his aides regarding city issues and have never seen a hint of sexism.

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 187
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica Conyers was on local 4 today,
http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/15861171/detail.html
Cockrel called her acts juvenile,
http://www.clickondetroit.com/ video/15860864/index.html

I agree with you Detroitmaybe, Monica Conyers sounds ghetto and disrespectful. How dare she talk to her colleagues like that. I understand her fight with JoAnn Watson. Watson should not interrupt her. Then Monica go around and does the same thing to Cockrel. The leader of the group/council and say things like "You not my daddy." Monica sounds like a disrespectful teenager.
If Monica acts like this when she is a adult; I wonder how she acted with her teachers when she went to school. Monica must have been disrespectful to them too back in the day.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2226
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carmen Harlan has this are you fucking serious look on her face throughout Conyers whole explanation, hilarious. And holy shit did you see Steve Gargiola's face! He looked like he was about to die laughing.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1526
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It must be "The Game's" influence.

Detroit_expat
Username: Detroit_expat

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's definitely ghetto. She may also be mildly retarded.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2993
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit dodged a bullet. She was almost Council President. She would be the one ascending to mayor if Kwame leaves office!

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keepin' it real.

Sumas

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a thought. Maybe I should start a different thread. Instead of small groups showing up to serve eviction notices (I loved the symbolism) perhaps Detroiters should just start showing up with brooms at our civic center. Not original I know, but very Detroit.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or throw Octopi at the front door. The price just went WAY up, so hurry!

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are any of City Council members aware of Robert's Rules of Order or Parliamentary Procedure?.

After many years of ineffectual back-benching, John Conyers has staked out a national position regarding the war on Iraq and George Bush's policies regarding the war.

Yet, his wife is making a fool of herself and the City Council with her diatribes.

Please, Detroit, vote for candidates for their background and knowledge not just name recognition.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tetsua, i was touched by the photo of monica posing with a young man unable to afford a shirt, pants that fit, and stricken with crippling arthritis.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's nothing wrong with monica conyers. the problem is, she's surrounded by idiots, and she's just trying to make some sense. i can't figure out why that's so hard for everybody to see.

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 264
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When keepin it real goes wrong!

Sumas

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot about the octopi tradition at Hockey games.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 548
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Warren has similar issues but not the national presence Detroit has.

Warrenite84, with all due respect, please don't lump Warren with the shameful display that took place in Detroit today. There is no comparison at all with the disrespect that Conyers showed to everyone today, including suburbanites with her outburst after the meeting with news media. She has shown her true "colors" and she is as ghetto as they come. Her husband is probably hiding in a hole somewhere.

Conyers is more than likely on crack and her supplier is the young gang banger she's standing next to in the picture above.

(Message edited by Buyamerican on April 11, 2008)

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 130
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm embarrassed for her. That was, IMO, more embarrassing than Tolliver calling Florida. I thought THAT was as bad as it could get...I should have known better...

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should add, that I found the picture of Conyers and "The Game" on the city website. I don't personally know The Game or anything to call him a bad guy, but how many other big city websites show their council members posing with rappers? Truly embarrassing.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 332
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rappers with their shirts off no doubt. She looks like a damn groupie.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 114
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was a Crip from Compton who became a rapper. Classy

Snoringbeagle
Username: Snoringbeagle

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YOU GO GIRL

(Message edited by snoringbeagle on April 11, 2008)