Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » What is wrong with Monica Conyers? » Archive through April 13, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Shrek was the hero of the Disney Flick"

Actually, Shrek is a character created by Dreamworks (I believe a part of Viacom now, another corrupt corporation).

"Warren has similar issues but not the national presence Detroit has."

Warrenite, you weigh in the numbers. Warren is a white megaburb of a black major international US city. There's no fun in attacking Warren.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Voting for council members such as Monica Conyers (a thug) basically says Detroiters want people like her in office.

(Message edited by detroitrise on April 12, 2008)

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica Conyers needs to be removed from office. Can Detroit just volunteer to go into state receivership?

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 960
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For Monica.

shrek

Next photoshop project- put Monica's face on the Jackass.

Markopolo
Username: Markopolo

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica Conyers is nuts, she's been nuts for a long time and it doesn’t look as though she will ever get better. I understand she was a strange bird in high school and for the life of me I can’t understand how she ever got a law degree—they must be giving them away now-a-days.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 549
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to a bio of Conyers, she is a member of the Eastern Star. Here is an excerpt from their web page.

"Purposes: The stated purposes of the organization are: Charitable, Educational, Fraternal and Scientific; but there is much more to it than that. Dr. Rob Morris, the Poet Laureate of Masonry, founded the Order using the beautiful and inspiring biblical examples of heroic conduct and moral values. These portray the noble principles which should adorn the personal lives of Eastern Star members. Eastern Star strives to take good people and through uplifting and elevating associations of love and service, and through precept and example build an Order which is truly dedicated to charity, truth and loving kindness."

Heroic conduct, moral values, teach through example, dedicated to charity, truth and LOVING KINDNESS...she shows absolutely none of these qualities in her actions. Ken Cockrel, Jr. needs to be applauded for his control yesterday. Even with her childish outburst, he remained a gentleman, I commend him for that.

Superdave
Username: Superdave

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

am i the only one when they say her name i think of the drew and mike nasally sound drop "someone by the name of monica conyers"?

Pdombr
Username: Pdombr

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superdave, I thought the same thing last night while I was watching all this ignorance happen. Shrek indeed. She definately "needs to go".

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 895
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope she enjoys the national exposure. Way to make an ass of yourself all over the country.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6644
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Detroiters become so fatigued by the Kwame Kilpatrick and Monica Conyers buffonery that both John Conyers and Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick lose in November!!

Mwilbert
Username: Mwilbert

Post Number: 199
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think holding people responsible for other people's buffoonery is appropriate, nor do I think the voters are likely to do it.

I'd just like to see the voters hold the buffoons responsible!

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 629
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*slowly slinking into her chair in embarrassment, hoping the rest of the country didn't happen to notice Monica Conyers*

For the love of God... no, for the love of our beloved, embattled City: please let her get 'bumped off' Council next election. I hope she at least loses her leadership title.

Maybe someone should tell her she won't get her apple juice and lose her jungle-gym privilages if she doesn't calm down after recess.

Honestly, Mrs. Conyers. You are the child who flings sand in the face of your schoolyard friend, then has the gall to tell him to be the one to 'grow up'. Where is your dignity? What about the dignity of the people who elected you?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't she involved in a fight at a bar/restuarant a few years ago? I seem to remember her opponent having a black eye.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 333
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rel said
quote:

"please let her get 'bumped off'"

I got my glock and ski-mask ready but I need you to drive the get away car.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 338
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Superdave - Nope, I think of it too..."Sobbody by da name of boddica codyers"

I also think of the drop Gregg & Michelle used to play for Kwame (from Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me):

"I make big money, I drive big cars, everybody know me, it's like I'm a movie star."

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 481
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who am I? "I'll slap yo face"
Another Deeetroit original.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 182
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I have never been a fan of John Conyers, but now, I really feel his pain. Waking up next to Monica would be difficult.
I plan to move to Detroit so I can vote for him.

The_rock, That would be a very bad idea. In case you don't know, Monica's plan is to one day take over his seat in congress. And the way Detroiters vote.. I wouldn't call such a thing beyond the realm of possibility. So, please, everyone, if you don't want to see Monica Conyers one day as a U.S. congresswoman from our area, you really need to stop voting for John Conyers. Hopefully someone else will take his seat before Monica can get to it..

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"Shrek was the hero of the Disney Flick"

Actually, Shrek is a character created by Dreamworks (I believe a part of Viacom now, another corrupt corporation).

Actually, Shrek is a character created by William Steig. Steig was Jewish and "shrek" is Yiddish for "fear".

http://www.forward.com/article s/11910/

Vantanna
Username: Vantanna

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon Yall! She is Pure Comedy. No one takes her seriously

Pdombr
Username: Pdombr

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the whole problem isn't it? We need people we can take seriously in public office. How will our city or state for that matter ever recover from this garbage if the leadership we elect are the jokes of the nation.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 556
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 5:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can take the lady off of the street, but you can't take the street off of the lady. Reality!!

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ding, Ding, Ding. And in this corner...

Warrenite84 talks about the Warren Council being out of control. It's ironic now that "Big Jim" Fouts is now large and in charge, the fighting for the most part has ceased.

Watching the UTube Clip of Conyers and Cockrell reminded me very much of the days between Fouts and Cecil St. Piere or Jeanne Omelenchuk. Fouts was not happy until he was playing mind games with the two of them. Conyers obviously attended some of the same "how to disrupt meetings seminars" that Fouts attended. Speaks well for both cities, that idiots in both cities elected these so-called demigods.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1575
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Gistok: Wouldn't it be a hoot if Detroiters become so fatigued by the Kwame Kilpatrick and Monica Conyers buffonery that both John Conyers and Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick lose in November!!

Mwilbert: I don't think holding people responsible for other people's buffoonery is appropriate, nor do I think the voters are likely to do it.

Why would it not be appropriate in these two cases to hold them accountable? Both of them actively helped a close relative of theirs get elected and they let them trade on their good name and reputation in the process. Therefore, I think it is entirely appropriate for dissatisfied voters to hold John and Carolyn accountable for their poor judgment. Face it, without the name recognition factor and the endorsement of their patrons, neither Monica or Kwame would have gotten elected when they did.

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 182
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks a lot for the Jackie Curry pic, Tarkus.
I hoped never to see her mug again after the last election. Ugh!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Actually, Shrek is a character created by William Steig. Steig was Jewish and "shrek" is Yiddish for "fear".

Well excuse me, DreamWorks (in somewhat association with the corporate trash Viacom) owns the filming rights to Shrek.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6089
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No excusing needed, he simply clarified the point, and is correct. As mediocre comic David Spade would say, "just take the hit, man". :-)

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she's a banger at heart, a passionate radical, and is stealing precious airspace from us all, yet on a positive note, shouldn't people who care for the city actually be somewhat grateful that these jackasse's (ha! a subconscious shrek reference!) are slowly being exposed for they true colors? we are all taking the hit, yes. ...she's a bad-ass stalking, a nightmare walking... heh.

Mwilbert
Username: Mwilbert

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Why would it not be appropriate in these two cases to hold them accountable?"

I guess it depends upon your view of how politics works. People (unfortunately) vote on name recognition. I suppose you could say that if John Conyers hadn't married Monica, she wouldn't have that name. If you don't want to vote for him because of his poor judgment in that matter, I guess I couldn't blame you, but he didn't do something extra to provide her with that name when she ran. Same thing in the Kilpatrick case.

It also doesn't seem reasonable to expect people not to endorse their relatives, nor to even necessarily have an objective view as to their competence. Nor should people pay any attention to such endorsements.

So in my view, it isn't appropriate to hold them responsible. Other people apparently look at it differently.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 666
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dunno...I think she is a JackAss...but I think people are missing the point that Watson was SPOT ON in her statement...

"They can sue YOU (monica), I didn't vote for the settlement"

I thought that was one of the BEST lines I have ever heard out of Watsons mouth...that set off the whole thing, because it basically made Conyers look like the Hood Rat she is.

When Keeping it real goes wrong:

Monica Conyers was a Detroit City council member who worked her way up from relative obscurity, to become president pro-tem of said city council, little did she know, when the circumstance allowed it, Monica would show...what happens...when Keepin it Real...goes wrong.

"Can the residents sue the city for their money back?..."

"They can sue YOU, I voted against it!"

"OH NO! I KEEPS IT REAL! WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU VOTED JOANN...YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP POINTIN IT OUT!"

cue national television coverage!

SHREK! SHREK! I'M A DONKEY!

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 632
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crumbled_Pavement, that isn't what I meant, but I would gladly drive your getaway car :-)

As for "no one takes her seriously", um... apparently, enough voters did to get her there. But I hope they will pay closer attention in the next election.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 901
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't count on it. Voters don't seem to be much smarter than the guys they have elected.