Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Anyone who used to live on Wayburn between Morang and Moross? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone here who lived on Wayburn between Morang and Moross, preferably in the 50's? I am looking for info on a murder that happened a couple houses down from where I lived as a child. A woman walking from the bus stop was murdered and robbed. That's all I remember but I'd be interested in more details if anyone has any.

Caldogven
Username: Caldogven

Post Number: 166
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grumpyoldlady
I do remember something about a murder on the eastside in the fifties. Don't know any of the particulars. The name Joanne Gillespie comes to mind.

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was too young to have paid much attention at the time to the discussions my folks had about it. Somehow that name seems a tiny bit familiar. I know the morning after, one of her shoes was laying on the lawn of a house in our block. I wish I knew more about crime in that area in the 50's...just out of curiosity. Thanks for the name.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.