Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Monica Conyers battles school children » Archive through April 29, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was amusing but I think that what was lost in this was that Monica Conyers was claiming her right to speak was being curtailed when actually it was her failure to respect parliamentary procedure and not recognizing the rights of the President to control the meeting.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 996
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't get this scenario at all. What was Sam Riddle doing? I thought he's given up on Monica Conyers. What point did they hope to make? And did they think they succeeded? Why did they let this get out?

What am I missing?

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 490
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kid_Dynamite writes as if she's a retarded 11 year old girl. About as much insight and intellect. Hey, if I wanted to hear from an arsehole, I would have farted.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 823
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kierra Bell for City Council President Pro Tem...why the hell was she debating an 8th grader? Kierra was more mature than she.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica just proves she has no standards or ethics. She'd probably fight an old lady on a respirator.

Dianeinaustin
Username: Dianeinaustin

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unbelievable behavior from someone who is in an authoratative position in Detroit. (anyone wonder between KK and her why Detroit has problems??) Kiera was simply fantastic in her rebuttals to Conyers. That girl is going to go places, it would be great to hear in a few years she is taking charge of things in Detroit. There are kids living in Detroit who will make something of themselves. It is a nice thing to see.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spacemonkey is right, a couple of one-liners every so often is fine, but a constant stream is tiresome. You can yell at me too, but you might just take Spacemonkey's observation to heart.
---
I truly think that Sam got bamboozled by Charlie LeDuff. Theory: LeDuff goes to Sam with an idea to reshape Monica's image ... let's use children to soften Monica; meanwhile, LeDuff has some ringers in his group of tiny assassins. Sam is surprised, Monica looks crazy. Oh Snap!

From everything I know about Mr. LeDuff he is deliberate in shaping his stories. Not dishonest, just deliberate.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 527
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome..are you kidding me? He copied my analysis of HIM from the Quicken thread word for word. That is the exact post I said about him. I am curious to see how you might have concluded something about me like that. Do a little research on this guy's posting history.

(Message edited by kid dynamite on April 29, 2008)

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1538
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, Kid isn't lying.

Anyways, day by day, Monica manages to make herself look more akin to a chipmunk than an actual person. I'm actually starting to enjoy her antics since it provides me something to dwell on in Math class.

Spacemonkey

Post Number: 492
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, Kid_Dynagirl swiped my post from here and pasted it in the Quicken thread. He's a copycat. I wish he would stop name calling and try to mature about this whole internet posting thing.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get a room, you two.

I suggest you take it to the "Apartment" thread. :-)

Bobceng
Username: Bobceng

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget, though, that Monica Conyers isn't the only problem on Council. She is acting so outrageous that it takes our attention away from some of the other problems (i.e. Martha Reeves, BRC, etc).

Monica is supposed to be a guest on KK's CTV show? I can't believe that he would want her for any kind of support. They've either got something on her and feel that they can keep her on a tight leash, have promised her something greater when this is all over, or else they want to put her forward as the face of Common counsel and hope that they can get her to go off; KK has GOT to be be thanking God for Monica!

Ken C. and Kwame K. need to get the spotlight back on them. Monica's stealing both the show, and whatever credibility Council still has.

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 528
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't need to call out this guy any more. He's done enough damage to himself.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2341
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That made my day.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 3397
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conyers was woefully outclassed by a group of eight graders???

Between this story, and the recent letter in the Free Press from the high school student calling on kk to resign, I'm confident that Detroit will be in good hands with the next generation.

Whether or not there will be anything left for them considering how things are going in another story.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to see Kierra Bell give some of the above posters a lesson in how adults should conduct themselves. Or am I wrong to assume they're adults?

Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 530
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Retroit, if you are referring to me, tell me what I said that was childish.

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think my jaw is ever going to be the same again. Jesus H. Unbelievable...

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Retroit...I concur!! We need to get Kierra Bell on here to show these "adults" how to act!

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loving all these opinionated people with less than 500 posts under their belts huffing about reforming the forum. :-)

Islandman
Username: Islandman

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd, I'm loving how they are right! How about that? :-)

Spacemonkey

Post Number: 496
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kid_dynotard has zero sense of humor. He's obviously a broke-ass Quicken loan officer who's screwed in this economy. Cheer up pal. The mortgage industry will pick up in a decade or two.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2248
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha. I kinda like DYes' gruff-factor, but my skin is as thick as a DPS toilet seat. :-)

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guessing it has more to do with the type of person she is than the people she has in her inner circle, but it's too bad someone either can't or feel it would be pointless to grab her and shake a little sense into her.

That tape is shockingly embarrassing and she probably is the only person who doesn't realize it.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =yiogXT9xZBQ

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 312
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that Kiera Bell is a smart girl. very well versed and intelligent. She'd be a better councilwoman than Conyers.

Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2251
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we write Kiera Bell in in council elections? Just a thought.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Get a room, you two.

I suggest you take it to the 'Apartment' thread."

LMAO! :-)

That girl is definitely going far in life.

"Between this story, and the recent letter in the Free Press from the high school student calling on kk to resign, I'm confident that Detroit will be in good hands with the next generation."

Watch your typical Baby Boomers/Busters continue to destroy Detroit until the Y/internet (the most informed BTW) generation takes over.

(Message edited by DetroitRise on April 29, 2008)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 408
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica seemed utterly dumbfounded that those kids didn't just agree with her, and that they had better reasoning power and a greater understanding of public behavior.
Why does she keep demanding to be respected when it's obvious that she has done nothing to earn it, nor does she seemingly respect anyone else?

Detroitfats
Username: Detroitfats

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcole is right. I've noticed that people who loudly demand respect rarely give it.