Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » A Minor Observation--DPD Central District has moved « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Korridorkid
Username: Korridorkid

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just seeing if anyone else noticed what i think to be the final move of the DPD's central district from Woodward and Hancock (Old 13th Prec.) to Woodward and the Boulevard in New Center.

Looks like all the squad cars that used to jam the old site are gone and offices empty.

Wasn't there talk of a restaurant replacing the site? I would have to imagine new development, seems a bit claustrophobic as an existing space.

As well, with Central now in New Center and the WSU Public Safety on Hancock seemingly moved it would seem that there is alot less police prescence in the area. Could this result in more crime in the area perhaps?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1618
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard it was going to be a Cheesecake Factory, maybe even a House of Blues!

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was going to be a Fishbone's

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 234
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No a Sean-Mart (see I can laugh at myself).

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8583
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dunkin Donuts!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personally, Detroit could really use a Krispy Kreme, besides that one way out in Troy.

(Message edited by DetroitRise on May 03, 2008)

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 146
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There used to be a Krispy Kreme in Detroit, it closed.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1672
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is now located on Woodward and W. Grand Blvd. There is a thread on this already.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 4143
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, we REALLY need a KFC or a Popeye's on that site. It needs to be a place where everything is deep-fried, and preferably a chain restaurant. Gotta keep it real.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"No, we REALLY need a KFC or a Popeye's on that site. It needs to be a place where everything is deep-fried, and preferably a chain restaurant. Gotta keep it real."

So I guess Church's doesn't cut it? :-)

"There used to be a Krispy Kreme in Detroit, it closed."

And how is that helping me and other Detroiters (especially eastsiders)?

(Message edited by DetroitRise on May 03, 2008)

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 327
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back to the real meat of the post, I don't think that it'll result in too much of an uptick in crimes. My impression being on campus is that WSU police pretty much runs the show in the immediate vicinity of campus. DPD didn't seem to concern themselves much with the general area.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 147
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise, it's not helping you. The closing could indicate one of two things. The first being that the area cannot sustain a Krispy Kreme. The second option being that the Krispy Kreme that closed was poorly run. Regardless, the last thing Detroit and the region in general needs is more fast food. If you are really craving a doughnut hop in your car, on the bus or on your bicycle and go up to Dutch Girl Doughnuts at 7 mile and Woodward, a true Detroit tradition.

(Message edited by peter on May 03, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.