Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Recommended frame shops? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1192
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have acquired a Lewis Cass autograph (franking on an envelope) and want to get it preserved and framed, matted all that. Anyone have a trustworthy frame shop in Detroit that they'd recommend?
Top of pageBottom of page

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7733
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although not Detroit, I would trust this implicitly with the folks out at Millers' Artists Supplies out in Farmington. They're off of 12 Mile & Farmington Roads. I've known the framing staff there for years and they are some of the most nit picky, careful people you'd ever want to be around when it comes to framing important things.

Another place I've heard good things about is Preservation Framing on Henry St. in Detroit, but I've never used them personally.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.