Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Is the DPD carrying assault weapons on a regular basis now? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Thursday I was riding by Chene and Ferry. Cops had an SUV pulled over. While one officer frisked the bros. one stood back watching with some kind of assault rifle. Ive never seen this weapon in the hands of city police. Anyone know the deal?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It may have been a special task force. It wasn't the normal rifle/shot gun that they keep in the front seat with them?

Django

Post Number: 252
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was definitely an assault weapon. Girdered stock, def. not a 12 gauge barrel. POLICE on the back of their jackets. Riding in the typical Black.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 4544
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah bitches. Gonna enforce the LAW.

Django

Post Number: 253
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I happen to be watchin DEA Detroit at the moment. I hate this war. Fillin the jails with ppl. sellin somethin ppl want. Im an Addict. Im not using at the moment and hope I never do again but the whole prison system just seems to be more big business as usual. Remember PPL., we pay $35,000 a year for every person in jail or prison. I dont know how these ppl (DEA) can live with themselves knowing how many families they ruin by putting these "offenders" in jail especially the tree busts. (marijuana busts)

(Message edited by django on May 03, 2008)

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ I hope this is a late April Fools joke. So you are saying as long its a supply and demand curve then sellers and users should be left alone.

Yeah it's your choice to use/sell but what about those who decide to kill and steal in order to feed their addiction. F_ck ruining families because a loved one that uses and is dysfunctional is sent to jail. They ruin their own families in the process. I will end it there, this could be a 5 page response.

Django

Post Number: 254
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could write 10 V. Ill try and keep it short. Those addicts wouldnt kill and rob if the substances were not illegal in the first place. Most dont kill and rob while addicted though. The dealers are the ones killing for the turf, again that wouldnt be happening if these substances were legal. what else can I help you understand. This can be one long mother of a post, I dont give up on this cause, so bring it.

(Message edited by django on May 03, 2008)

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^ LOL, you're a funny guy

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No comment... someone still has some dust in their nose.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 214
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about the legal drugs that kill innocent people?

You have no argument here on these issues Django I have seen the effects first hand, let me tell you there is no way you can defend the drug trade.

Django

Post Number: 255
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats all you got for your easy exit strategy there V? Good luck with your current strategy on the drug war, Its working about as smoothly as your last two posts are doing for getting you out of this debate.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't support drug use (I lost people to drugs, so I know how bad they can be), but there has to be a better way. This "Drug War" just isn't working.

Put the money towards fighting poverty so people wont feel the need to sell or use drugs to solve their problems, no? Then all you have left is the people who would use no matter what. Those people can go live in their own little place somewhere on their own if they want. Something? I mean there just has to be a better way.

I think switching to a war on poverty from a war on drugs is a nice start. It would get more support. It would get more support because no on could be against it. Drug users are against "us" right now. No one is fighting to support poverty. It just makes more sense. We're attacking the result instead of the cause.

A War on poverty still could encompass poverty stimulating drugs that are addictive (Heroin, Crack, and maybe Caffeine).

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 179
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Django about the so-called war on drugs. It's like we learned nothing from the Prohibition era. It's created a criminal class and economy in our cities resulting in the warehousing of addicts and traffickers. All the monies spent for that and the failed efforts at interdicting drugs could be put into recovery, rehab and prevention programs. Legalization isn't condoning the use of drugs it's being realistic about drugs. There will always be an element who will experiment with drugs but they'll learn, like our friend Django, that the high life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5275
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LBJ's War on Poverty

Django

Post Number: 256
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag, I assume your talking about Booze or prescription drugs, ciggs. even fattening foods like Mcdonalds, all of which could be considered a drug in one way or another? The illegal drug trade is a brutal one. Millions of non violent ppl in prison. Turf Wars, innocent bystanders,Kids lured in by the money only to become violent, thus perpetuating the whole hipocrasy <(SP), poor 3rd world farmers busted for smuggling/swallowing drugs into the US only to be busted and sent to prison under draconian drug laws in American prisons. Whats that one quote? If we dont learn from history, were bound to repeat it. So you want to go back to prohibition days? We all know how many TRULY innocent ppl were killed during thoes times. Theres is a very small piece of my argument, you got some more for me cause my fingers are itchin to type on this one.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 360
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe if losers didn't take illegal drugs and then cry about the consequences, we'd be living in a nicer world.

Django

Post Number: 257
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made a mistake, I didnt look to see that Tetsua was the name of the last poster. I thought it was Viziond. Im not sure to make of what you said Tet. You think Im funny? Do I amuse you, How am I funny? Am I like a clown to you? Tell me, How am I funny?

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 215
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets get one fact straight, drugs (in one form or another) have been on this earth since the beginning of time, it was the high potent dangerous drugs that brought about a change in society that brought about the war on drugs in recent years. Alcohol is addictive true, but imagine if your theory is put into play and you could buy a six pack of heroin with chips to watch the game, of take a nip of crack while on break at the job site. The reason these drugs are Illegal is because they take you away from reality farther than legal ones.

You can say what you want, but I would prefer the War on Drugs than no War at all.

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 216
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"And the guy in the middle like what do you want from me?"

Django

Post Number: 258
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, maybe if losers like me didnt take drugs in the first place the world would be all happy and pretty. Your right we would be living in a nicer world. But were not.

Django

Post Number: 259
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

20/20 hindsight not in effect as of yet shark.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DPD routinely carried assault weapons in my father's time...in the 40's. Why wouldn't they?

Django

Post Number: 260
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag, i didnt understand the post about the "guy in the middle", Please explain.

Django

Post Number: 261
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag. I wouldnt care if you bought a six pack of smack to watch a game at home, I wouldnt want you drinking on the job site, or shooting smack on the job site. Work is work, when your at home, thats your business. You dont agree that you should be able to do what you want with your body, in your own home, on your time? Just give it some thought dude.

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 217
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Goodfellas Django, Joe was talking about the picture his mother painted.

I thought you were Quoting him when you said "You think Im funny? Do I amuse you, How am I funny? Am I like a clown to you? Tell me, How am I funny?

I just had a Goodfellas flashback that's all.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DPD got approval last week to carry the weapons in order to keep up with the increasing firepower of the criminals.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 361
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah sure, we can trust the losers who take illegal drugs to keep it in their home as an after-work hobby...

Django

Post Number: 262
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goblue, this is the 21st century though, not 1940. I dont want any cop hurt and dont have a thought out position on cops with assault rifles to be honest. I was just curious about them carrying assault rifles here in 2008. And thats just another factor in the drug war, now cops are carrying assault weaps probably because of the drug war. Its discusting, Eating up billions more than the war in Iraq. Im lovin the above statement about putting $$ toward the war on poverty. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Django

Post Number: 264
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag, Im pretty sure in goodfellas, they were out on the town at a bar, Joe P. gave him that sh** about being funny at a club. The mothers house and the painting by numbers thing was revolving around the guy in the painting who "Looks like someone we know, doesnt it" being I believe Morty, the guy in the trunk they just killed. What a movie eh?

Django

Post Number: 265
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shark. Great point, you win.

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 415
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't certain tactical police vehicles (squads) in most major cities carry these weapons?

Seems like I've heard several stories in the news of these weapons being ripped off out of their police cars.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django: We agree...money is being wasted...my point was simply that DPD has always carried the maximum firepower available...when my dad was a rookie in the early 20's there were older cops still carrying black powder .44's...weapon technology has simply raise the ante.

Retroit

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arguing that we should stop preventing people from destroying their selves, families and communities because it costs too much could be used for any crime, and would be equally fallacious.
I agree that putting someone in prison for 20 years for smoking a joint needs to be reconsidered, though. If a person commits a crime while high, the punishment for the crime should be doubled. But if a person smokes in their own privacy (not in the presence of children) and they are not bothering anyone, I really don't have a problem with it. As for the other drugs, the long term effects are just too great for anyone to be using them.

Dannyv

Post Number: 180
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nobody gets put into prison for 20 years for smoking a joint any more. But there were ridiculous sentences for mere possession or selling small amounts of marijuana at one time.

Contrast that with the sentences of those who drive drunk and accidently kill someone as a result. At the most, they'll be convicted of vehicular homicide and get a handful of years in prison. To multiply a sentence because it was committed while on drugs rather than under the influence of alcohol is not fair and judicious.

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 2788
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Those addicts wouldnt kill and rob if the substances were not illegal in the first place.

Right. They'd all be gainfully employed, tax paying citizens if only the drugs that they used were legal.

Please refresh my memory: how many people are there who have robbed and murdered others, who suddenly stopped as soon as they started taking narcotics?
quote:

The dealers are the ones killing for the turf, again that wouldnt be happening if these substances were legal.

Sure, just look at the Purple Gang and other Prohibition Era gangsters. They left their criminal ways behind as soon as the Prohibition was repealed, right?

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
- George Santayana

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 792
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although not the greatest PR, I have no problem with the assault weapons, especially in the hands of special units.

In some of those 'hoods it's needed to get the job done.

As to the drug war, it's a complex issue. Those of us who've never seen "the other side" can't understand that the fact is there aren't many if any other opportunities in these neighborhoods.

If someone asks me why I'm so passionate about mass transit (to bring in a perennial issue LOL) it's not about urban hipsters.

It's that, having known folks and been in those areas, there is no way to get to a decent job from many of those places. Even when someone does land a decent job, without a decent car you can't get there every day.

The bus system is simply not reliable, nor goes everywhere that there are jobs in the region. Desperate times for many call for desperate actions. It's been shown in books like Freakonomics that the average drug runner/dealer low on the chain makes the equivalent to about $3 an hour. But $3 an hour is way better than $0 an hour, which is the reality of the situation. I believe if there were more economic opportunities, the drug use and drug turf wars would decrease.

A good friend of mine worked in Troy for awhile, and they would always be hiring at his firm inner-city folks but after a couple weeks they'd be late half the time and it's because the bus system is inadequate (I've tried to use buses beyond 1 route, and yes, it is completely useless).

Add on the need to get kids to child care or something, and it's almost impossible. Eventually, one's spirit gets beaten down that it's just not possible to do anything else.

To me, mass transit is about giving people the first rung of a ladder up and out of poverty, an action we can take to provide a hand up and not a hand out that makes a real difference in people's lives.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5276
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently it's not just Detroit. Palm Beach County, Florida and "law enforcement agencies nationwide" are involved according to CNN.

Last night CNN reran a November 5, 2007 video accessible from this story: Cops find themselves in arms race with criminals.
quote:

Although the gun lobby disagrees, Tessaro [associate director for law enforcement relations for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence] lays the blame squarely on lawmakers who allowed the assault weapons ban to expire in 2004.

The weapon discussed in the article is the semiautomatic AR-15 rifle, the civilian version of the military's M-16.

Is this what DPD is using?

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 663
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could be a Kel-tec sub-9. Interchangeable with their 9mm mags.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8589
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this part of Department of Homeland Security's program?

NYC was given a big chunk of money that is being used for units patrolling the subway system openly carrying those weapons.

Duke_sims
Username: Duke_sims

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only time large numbers of people shot each other over alcohol was when it was illegal.

When is the last time you heard of an alcoholic shooting someone to get his fix?

But don't tell me the War on Drugs isn't working. It's working just fine.

The problem is, people are deluded into thinking that the purpose of the War on Drugs was to stop people from using drugs. It wasn't -- it was to feed the criminal ju$tice $sy$tem.

And, in that respect, it's been a resounding success.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 8590
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Fact Sheet: Fiscal Year 2008 Preparedness Grants
Release Date: February 1, 2008

In Fiscal Year 2008, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will award more than $3 billion in grants to states, territories, urban areas, and transportation authorities under 14 programs to bolster national preparedness capabilities and protect critical infrastructure. Fiscal year 2008 grant programs provide $376.3 million over last year to enhance the nation's ability to prevent, protect against, respond to and recover from terrorist attacks, major disasters and other emergencies. This includes the Department's two largest grant programs: the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) totaling $1.69 billion and the Infrastructure Protection Program (IPP) totaling $852.4 million.

more from the DOHS site;
http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/relea ses/pr_1201882312614.shtm

Django

Post Number: 267
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jimaz, From my limited knowledge of weapons Id say it did look like the ar-15 but after looking at the pics you put up on the link, This gun had a hollow framed stock, Girdered as I said earlier. I was afraid to ask the po.

Fnemecek, can you find a more difficult screenname to type? anyway

^^^"Right. They'd all be gainfully employed, tax paying citizens if only the drugs that they used were legal".

No I doubt that would be the case, But drugs are a growing problem, Id rather not put them in jail and prison at $35,000 a year per person. I believe we need to start making some changes, the current system only imprisons, with very few rehab programs. (I personally dont believe in the most popular 12 step programs, but if there working for someone out there Kickass)Im a proponent of methadone, suboxone, laam, and the pill that makes you sick if you drink booze, cant remember. decriminalization or legalization would free up billions to put toward helping people instead of jailing them. Do you really think drug use would skyrocket if all of a sudden you could go to a doctor and get a script. for your DOC (drug of choice). Drugs being Illegal is the reason I saw that cop carrying that assault rifle instead of the normal glock, or in England i believe, Its a billy club. Decrim. or legalization is not an all cure, But I strongly feel its a step in the right direction. Ill try and address your second quote of mine a bit later. Ive got to go score some heroin.

Dannyv

Post Number: 181
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fnemecek, You make my point. Once someone is in the criminal class and lifestyle it's difficult to get out. I'm not trying to make excuses for their behavior or justify it. Just trying to state the reality of the situation. We should be eliminating the illegal drug trade as a point of entry into that lifestyle.

Retroit

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, I agree with some of the points you make regarding the failed War on Drugs: It is costly, and profitability of drug dealing and drug seizures feeds a vicious cycle. But as a recovered addict, how would you suggest drug use be reduced? Or, why are people doing drugs in the first place? Aren't they aware of all the great people who grew up in desperate situations, yet worked hard and stayed clean, and went on to make a better life for themselves?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12601
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django,

What a horrible tag jokeline...and I'm hoping it was just your sense of humor instead of pure honesty.

F didn't have a choice with his screen-name!

People consume substances to allow them a vent from the pressures of life.

For some, those substances are nothing more than mere food taken in excess...for others, they dare try the hardest pain killers in search of a buzz.

This week for me it was quality chocolate, a slight increase in my espresso use...and a wee bit of cannabis, with one 40 ounce Labatt yesterday night.

I overdid it with the chocolate, and am feeling a little slug-like today because of it.

One doesn't see how an addiction makes life UNbetter for them...if they did they wouldn't allow themselves to become addicted. NOT seeing how it affects your life is one of the symptoms, right?!

EVERYTHING you say about hard drug addiction also applies to food, exercise, alcohol, doctor visits, sleep...when taken to their illogical extremes. I feel that drug use within manageable dosage limits is as benign as those 'good' things when done within their regular consumption limits.

The ONLY reason any of y'all get your shorts in a bunch is because of thirty years and more of propaganda stuffed down your sensory intake making you fear things...when in reality a few of you are addicted to stuff that you don't consider 'bad' so you don't consider it a problem.

Of course, in our Protestant work-ethic fueled society, anything that gets in the way of production is potentially a problem...look OUT sleep lovers! And you fatties with your food gluttony...they'll be coming after you next...

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "Remember PPL., we pay $35,000 a year for every person in jail or prison."

Yeah it pisses us taxpayers off, quick remedy, people shouldn't break the law and wind up there. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to do anything illegal.

Django

Post Number: 268
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ill go from bottom to top,
Ssashmoo, In an ideal world we wouldnt have this problem, but we do. jailing ppl hasnt worked so I believe a change is in order. Do you have a "quick remedy" Im sure some very important ppl would love to hear it.

"Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to do anything illegal".

No, your right, its that person breaking the law that put himself in that position by taking drugs and becoming addicted. The price of drugs spurred on by the fact that their illegal puts them in a position that they need to steal. I believe theres a better solution. You want to stay on the same track of a pointless drug war, well, Im willing to keep fighting you. This is gonna be a long thread. This has been my soapbox for a long time.

Next up we have my friend Gannon who I wish would e mail me as his address has changed.

The tag joke was a joke, I typed in your name in about 3 seconds, how long does it take you to type in F n e m e c e k. Its just a task that takes me longer than I would like. I meant it in humor. Im not sure what you mean he didnt have a choice??? I meant no ill will toward him. Ill go with you and just call him F. from now on.
As far as the rest of your post, your right. I believe I mentioned McDonalds as an addictive substance earlier on, or that might have been a diff. thread. How can I contact you offline or without giving up my phone # to everyone?

Retroit, I wish I knew the awnser to your question, you asked.
"But as a recovered addict, how would you suggest drug use be reduced? Or, why are people" doing drugs in the first place?

I just know the current path is barbaric. We have more ppl in prison per capita than any other country by a longshot. Roughly half are for drug offenses. I believe there needs to be some change. You cant legalize everything tomorrow but you can start looking at different tactics. Pot is FINALLY being distributed in Calif. Its gotta be a slow change, but ppl have to start thinking that way before the changes can be made. When your an addict, your mind is not working like it used to, every minute of your day revolves around how to get more drugs, how to get more money for more drugs. If that equation can be removed, there will be a dramatic change in the world I believe. Im all for methadone, suboxone, laam, and antibuse. There needs to be mor money being spent on how to curb addiction not more money on how to build a better prison.

Dannyv. I agree with you. prevention is necessity. you said, quote
"We should be eliminating the illegal drug trade as a point of entry into that lifestyle"
Unfortunately theres always going to be ppl falling through the cracks who wind up addicted. What has the current drug war done. Could you not find a crack rock if you really wanted to??

Duke_sims
nice point

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 260
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kel-tec sub 9, lolol h&k mp-5 maybe

Django

Post Number: 273
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would probably need some pics to really id it but all the stocks are so interchangeable it would still be hard (I have vision issues). The stock is all I really got a good look at. Its hard to tell the diff. calibures when your lookin at it from 20 feet away. Im sure it was a full auto though. Someone will come up with the maker eventually. It was a fairly light gun though. no scope, no frills, perfect for mowing down at close range.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.