Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Oh no, God has an "assignment" for Monica too! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilpatrick made Conyers the first guest on his Monday talk show, "Real Talk with Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick." When he asked her why she has sparred with other council members, Conyers said: "More of the council members need to understand that I'm not a baby, and that for some reason God wanted me to be president pro tem and not the others."

Spare me!

I hope Kwame doesn't think he can fool people with this TV show the way Richard Scrushy did. He's the guy who, while awaiting trial for stealing $300 million from HealthSouth in Alabama, started his own religious show to convince the potential jurors what a godly man he was. It worked! He was acquitted.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit voters are on assignment from God as well... to vote these two clowns (Monica Conyers & Kwame "The" Kilpatrick) out!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why do we continue to include God in this mess!?

Lord help your children please!

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Because God is on a mission to help Detroit rise?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crumbled_pavement, please, explain yourself.

Has anything these clowns did on free will help Detroit?

Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 376
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Calm down DR, I was using a play on words. We have a whole forum dedicated to these two goof ups. I doubt anyone thinks it's because of God they are raping the city.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 284
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would say no Detroitrise. If they were really on a mission from God to help Detroit, they would resign (at least Mayor Kilpatrick). Staying in position and acting the way they are is clearly hurting Detroit. All our politicians are smart enough to see that. Even if they aren't that smart, their peers are consistently pointing out the harm they are causing. So unless they believe God's mission for them is to hurt Detroit, it's all lies.

Can I call blasphemy?

From Dictionary.com;

Blasphemy; 3. Theology. the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God.

Sounds right to me. If that's true, shouldn't the religious leaders be denouncing this kind of behavior?

One_shot
Username: One_shot

Post Number: 377
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only in freakin Detroit. Get that stupid SOB the hell out of office.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.