Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Diana Lewis 40 Year Tribute « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4795
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone else catch the tribute to Diana Lewis on the 11 o'clock news tonight?

It was filled with shots from throughout her great career from early days with a fro [lookin' great] interviewing 'Rocky' in the meat locker during the making of the movie, followed by reminiscences by Stallone, and a string of luminaries.

All I can say is to add my congratulations to a class act. What a great positive person and role model we have been blessed with in Detroit. She is definitely the dean of the Detroit media. Because she is so absent of ego, she tends to go unnoticed. She is like the saying 'great umpiring is unnoticed umpiring'.

Congrats Diana!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7780
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is amazingly smooth and just so unassuming. She delivers the news without hype and ego; she's the ultimate professional. She delivers the news and is never the news (unlike one of her early broadcast partners, Bill Bonds).

I didn't see the tribute but I think we can all agree that she is great.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4214
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.wxyz.com/content/ne ws/seenon7priority/story.aspx? content_id=cb5d6889-83a9-406a- a0a5-68cfb9ad8ada

Fastcarsfreedom
Username: Fastcarsfreedom

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is timeless, and by all accounts, a class act.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2319
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 6:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I miss Shay.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana Lewis is a class act, but I wish she would retire. I find her seemingly artificial concern bothersome.

And that Steve guy she anchors with, don't get me started on that bozo...

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3114
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having been away from Detroit since 1984, I'm mildly (and pleasantly) surprised at the longevity of a number of media-types that are still around. Diana Lewis, Robbie Timmons, Jerry Hodak....makes it seem like I never left on my return visits.

Hey, I go back to the days of Dick Westerkamp.

Fastcarsfreedom
Username: Fastcarsfreedom

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find Stephen Clark to be a charicture of an anchorman. In the past I've been a fairly loyal Channel 7 watcher--but find myself increasingly drawn to Channel 4 despite their hype and their overly lit set.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 280
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Throw her daughter in her chair , then Diana can go fishing.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 281
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 4:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Throw her daughter in her chair , then Diana can go fishing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.