Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Art detroit now! this weekend « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.artdetroitnow.com

do it!

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2073
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

who's going to what?

bueller?

Rocknrollscientist
Username: Rocknrollscientist

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might not have to DJ tonight, and if that's the case, then I'll be going to the DIA tonight to see ADULT. And I'll be stopping by your studio at the Russell Saturday afternoon. Sunday I'm going to try to make it to MOCAD for the dual architecture shows that open on Saturday night.

Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2075
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

guess me and the scientist will be the only folks heading out to the more than 70 galleries open this weekend.

Ventura67
Username: Ventura67

Post Number: 167
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to get down there but have limited time. Can anyone recommend which galleries to see for figurative artists? Abstract expressionist artists? Thanks!

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 287
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adult. was wicked great (both their new film and tracks)! I hope to go to the MOCAD and Cpop tonight.

Ventura, Abstract Expressionism died out decades ago so the DIA would be one of the few places you could see such a thing. (Unless you just mean abstract art.)

Check out www.artdetroitnow.com for a gallery map.

Ventura67
Username: Ventura67

Post Number: 168
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abstract Expressionism died out? Somebody better tell all those artists still working in it ; )

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.