Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Happenings at the CHWMAAH « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11643
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mods - Let me know if this stuff shouldn't be posted. I am on a lot of distributions for different organizations, event planners, etc.

I think that the MAAH is an underappreciated gem in SE Michigan and would like people to know what is going on there.

-----------------

Bank of America Foundation presents the Hewitt African American Art Cllection - June 20th
One of Americas most important African American art collections in the nation.
Just Announced!
The O’Jays to perform at African World Festival, August 16th.

Closing Soon: Catherine Blackwell’s Story Tellers Hat Collection
As of June 1st, the Story Tellers Hat exhibition will come to a close. Be sure to check it out before it leaves!
Textural Rhythms:
Constructing the Jazz Tradition through Contemporary African American Quilts. This exhibition is running now through August 31st.

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

May 10th: "Songs My Mother Taught Me" Musical performance - 8:00 p.m.
Click Here for more information.

May 18th: Stephanie Wright Griggs - 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Come join us for a special gallery talk with the curator for one of our newest exhibitions, Picture Perfect: Zella’s Traveling Scrapbook - The Legacy of Louise Lovette Wright.

May 19th: Malcom X Day Activities - 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Click Here for more information

May 22nd: Dr. Farrah Gray: The Chrysler Minority Dealer’s Association 2008 Entrepreneurer Lecture Series - 6:00 p.m. Click Here for more information

June 1st: Target Free Sunday featuring Millie Scott - 3:30 p.m. Free Admission

June 6th - 8th: Festival of the Arts - Friday 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m., Saturday noon - 11:00 p.m., Sunday noon - 9:00 p.m.
Discounted Museum admission: $5.00 Adults, $3.00 Children.
Click Here for more information

July 6th: Target Free Sunday featuring Marion Hayden - 3:30 p.m. Free Admission

August 3rd: Target Free Sunday featuring Lin Rountree - 3:30 p.m. Free Admission

September 7th: Target Free Sunday featuring GEQ - 3:30 p.m. Free Admission
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to say that this museum was AMAZING

I was so impressed if you have not gone it is breath taking. The models of the era's are so good. Your on top of a boat and there is wind blowing from the ceiling and wave sounds then your in a reconstructed 1800's village it is so cool!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.