Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Is Someone Trying to Incite a Riot? » Archive through May 13, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12806
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've heard of two popular people in the Peterborough area being murdered in the past two weeks.

Popular in that they support the populace in gaining access to one of the banned federal substances that all who enjoy it know is not near as dangerous as the fed's extraordinarily foolish claims.

Two in two weeks means 'drug turf war' or worse. Since they were merely weed dealers, I suspect worse. My guy has been on edge as well, the heat was greatly turned up on him these past few months, greater lately.

Since I'm expecting sparks intentionally set to start a neighborhood rioting, as the feds lean towards squeezing the populace continually towards some horrible outbreak of emotion, it is easy to see. (But you can always fulfill your own expectations, I fully understand that and try to guard against it...hence the question.)

They've got a new EM beam weapon to test out, they are expecting riots soon. EVERYTHING points to a remake of the sixties unrest, that I believe was largely stirred up by evil-minded social scientists using federal monies and contacts.

There were too many events back then that ended up percolating the populace into riots, and I see them happening again now.

How to quell...how to calm the populace.

What can we do to turn DOWN the heat in the streets? Keep anything rash from being acted out.

Sincerely,
John

Gotdetroit
Username: Gotdetroit

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh, dude. Lay off the weed a bit.

Gannon

Post Number: 12810
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got,

You have no idea.

The heat in the streets is increasing, I'm just asking the question.

Weed has served as a populace quieter for a long while now, if it is removed from the equation for even a short while...even inadvertently...those previously calmed by it will be more on edge.

Anyone who doesn't have a deeper source for their peace, I mean, which I continually pursue.

But you would rather sit on the sidelines, judge me over some simple medicinal ingestion, and imagine this isn't happening.

Any civil unrest will be such a surprise to you, while I'm trying to help quell it before it boils out-of-control.

Cheers

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 2079
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

huh?!

(Message edited by gravitymachine on May 13, 2008)

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 516
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DEA has, indeed, turned up the heat recently on drug busts. They have operated differently than in the past this time, as their ramp-up is much more insidious than ever before in the past. They are actively busting ALL the way down the chain, not just looking for the "main players". My sources tell me that it will get much worse, and very soon.

You may have noticed advertising, in the form of billboards along the e-ways, over the last few years, in regards to the area being "dry" and how much worse it will get. The DEA, ICE and the other orgs fighting the drug wars are now on the sly, and they are using technology that cannot be thwarted very easily. FLIR units and the cooperation of the utility companies lets them know where you are at every time.

A fine example of this is the recent bust of the long time (18 yrs) employee of the Oakland County courts and her husband. They never saw it coming, and she worked in and with law enforcement!

I don't think the current actions will constitute "instilling a riot", but expect the heat will be turned up shortly on the streets, for sure.

After all, we are going into an election year.

Gannon

Post Number: 12811
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouthres,

I understand, but these actions within two weeks were curious.

The REACTION on the streets has been not unlike how I heard the percolation happened on the way towards our summer of 1967.

Plus, with the economic squeeze, it will get hot emotionally VERY quickly...conveniently in time to distract from or even forestall the national election...along with this whole Kwhyme debacle.

Naw, something fishy is going on, and it is huge. My antennae are out full bore with these curious developments.

Cheers

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<television> has served as a populace quieter for a long while now, if <television> is removed from the equation for even a short while...even inadvertently...those previously calmed by <television> will be more on edge.

Gannon,

You're a nut! (though I mean that in a good way.)

Perhaps you need to change your dealer to get back on the stronger stuff, or else start watching more chick TV!

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2712
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whats first Gannon, that or the gas riots ?

I got my Mossberg and a pocket full of shells - bring it on.

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 265
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lithium may be the answer.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 517
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John-

You know what my background is. I would not make the statements that I made above in a cavalier fashion.

Isn't Peterboro in Canada, where they've almost legalized pot? I believe that the problem there will turn out to be a rival grower rather than some deep conspiracy to eliminate pot growers by the government as a whole. I witnessed this very phenomenon in Central America in the 80's, where rival growers were killing each other off at a rate not ever seen before.

I also respectfully disagree with the analogy to the '67 riots and that there are parallels to that event and this one. There may be some random similarities, but it is a bit of a stretch in my book to tie the two directly together. People are ready to riot in Detroit for any variety of reasons, pot being the least of them!

I remember that when GWB was running for a second term, various billboards across the city were used to advertise the various agencies and their "push" on the drug war. Many of the advertisements carried a tag line that went something like "IF you think it's dry now..." or something to that effect.

As for those who are now using pot to take the edge off, there will be another way that they medicate themselves, of that I am certain. They will have to find a different way, perhaps more "within the law".

Until the powers that be recognize that pot is not a gateway drug, or that pot smokers are not the severe druggies that they say they are, we will suffer slogging through the increased political and law enforcement pressure, wasting the resources that we have fighting such benign drugs and forsaking the other, more ruinous drugs.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 184
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It may be relevant that one of the symptoms of marijuana abuse (use would be LEGIT medicinal as in chemo treatment, glaucoma, etc) is paranoia, Gannon.

Two dead weed dealers in Detroit is far from curious. Maybe that's not what your antennae are picking up...maybe you should push them back into your cranium.

Here's a hint: if Detroiter's aren't rioting in the streets over Kwame, they certainly won't be rioting over marijuana or dead drug dealers..

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 185
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh please tell us that you're referring to somewhere over on Peterboro street and not somewhere in Canada, Gannon. There's no way he's rambling on about Canada.

Is he ?

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly. A Pothead riot. Let alone a Detroit Pothead Riot. Could there be a more apathetic demographic?

Gannon

Post Number: 12812
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, was referring...and NOT reefering...to the street near Wayne State that has had a bad reputation.

I'm not saying they will riot over pot, or the absence thereof, I'm saying the increased law enforcement over a petty substance...along with the other moves that are being allowed by the government, like radical food and gas price increases, housing removal (instead of curing this designed-in-advance mortgage crisis that is sending many out of their newfound solo-caves that they THOUGHT was an American Dream come true for them, finally)...and job elimination...we're facing a perfect storm.

Squeeze the populace enough, they will lash out unless they are enlightened enough to know how little this all means in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sitting on a razor's edge here, the personal illumination I discovered at Jean Wilson's house last night was SO disturbing I almost couldn't stand it. I will tell you about it over some good land work this afternoon.

I'm in a weird space/place right now, call when you get the chance...on your way inbound.

Cheers

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa. Give me the digits. I have to hear this.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 518
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ "...symptoms of marijuana abuse..."? I love the way "those who know all" (not you, Ragged!) try to describe pot as some sort of insidious drug that is addictive. In the 60 or so years that pot has been studied, there has been no consistent proof that the stuff does much more than mellow you completely out, period. Thirty of forty year pot smokers are in much better shape than a person who has abused alcohol equally, a legal drug as far as, I am concerned, which is far more detrimental than pot could ever be.

Legalize it, tax it and control it. That will stop a number of peripherial problems (overcrowding of jails, court costs for prosecution, etc.) and put money back in the coffers to fight the myriad of other drugs which actually, rather than theoretically, mess up our society.

It would also stem them influx of gang bangers this area is experiencing, such as MS13 and all of the other Latino gangs in Detroit who depend on their involvement with the stuff for their financial gain.

Just my .02.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 827
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My guess is they're trying not to repeat the mistake of Chicago.

The Chicago crackdown last year (I believe) took only the top guys, and that was a huge mistake because everyone down the chain started fighting for the top once the weather got warm - and with no order, the problem became worse than the one they solved. The top-guy roping doesn't work anymore; the game has gotten way too violent and now everyone is going to be pulled in.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11678
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I fully support legalizing marijuana the simple fact of the matter is that the marijuana trade, in its illegal manner, is a major problem in communities and the city. The trade results in violence, murder, neighborhood blight, etc.

If the DEA is cracking down on it at all levels (Hopefully the buyers as well) then I support them 100%. Less drug selling on the streets is better for everyone in the community.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6615
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =E6r9CEXp6IQ&feature=related

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11679
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

^ "...symptoms of marijuana abuse..."? I love the way "those who know all" (not you, Ragged!) try to describe pot as some sort of insidious drug that is addictive. In the 60 or so years that pot has been studied, there has been no consistent proof that the stuff does much more than mellow you completely out, period. Thirty of forty year pot smokers are in much better shape than a person who has abused alcohol equally, a legal drug as far as, I am concerned, which is far more detrimental than pot could ever be.

Legalize it, tax it and control it. That will stop a number of peripherial problems (overcrowding of jails, court costs for prosecution, etc.) and put money back in the coffers to fight the myriad of other drugs which actually, rather than theoretically, mess up our society.

It would also stem them influx of gang bangers this area is experiencing, such as MS13 and all of the other Latino gangs in Detroit who depend on their involvement with the stuff for their financial gain.

Just my .02.

Dead on.

Jonnyfive
Username: Jonnyfive

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uhh... is this a joke?

Cdwaters
Username: Cdwaters

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't it Dennis Leary who said something to the effect that the U.S. is spending 4 billion dollars a year fighting a drug industry that makes 2 billion? Why not pay the cartels the difference to not grow the stuff?

I know the joke is overly simplistic but I bet when all the costs are added up including incarceration and seeing the war zones that are created by making drugs illegal, a better response might just be to legalize (or at least decriminalize)and control it. It really does work in Europe. There is currently too much collateral damage if we maintain the status quo.

(Message edited by cdwaters on May 13, 2008)

Mauser765

Post Number: 2714
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"FLIR units and the cooperation of the utility companies lets them know where you are at every time."

FLIR: Forward Looking Infrared

Was this what the painted black unmarked Blackhawk was doing buzzing my neighborhood a couple weeks ago ?

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 369
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I fully endorse a crackdown on the losers who buy, sell and use illegal drugs. And if there are riots, I hope the losers who use illegal drugs are the first ones hit by the futuristic laser beam that people are always going on about.

Cdwaters
Username: Cdwaters

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the losers who use illegal drugs might be the first ones hit, but they won't be the only ones, Shark

Mauser765

Post Number: 2715
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

your government is the biggest drug dealer on earth, so I agree - take em out.

Erikto
Username: Erikto

Post Number: 700
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prison Industrial Complex, anyone? I've read that private prison operators lobby vigourously for stiffer sentencing and mandatory minimums for all crime. I don't know why else otherwise- law abiding people would be getting hassled over soft drugs like weed. Far more people smoke it than take any other illegal drugs. It's not a gateway and pot smokers can work and buy weed, whereas crack heads, heroin users and pill heads have a harder time buying their drugs with a steady pay cheque.

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 406
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't it in Troy or Sterling Heights where you had that amateur landscaper who was busted for growing marijuana in his home? It was kind of funny, his house was filled with weed but there wasn't a dandelion or trace of crabgrass on his front lawn. It was in the Free Press last year sometime.

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There may be something to what Gannon is saying.
There is a parallel between today and the 60' and 70's Detroit. Dope boys going crazy. I actually don't think there were be a riot today because more Black people own homes, have nice cars, and are employed. However, the drug scene seems to have remained or increased since the 60". Has anyone heard of Al Profit the Moviemaker. who made the movie "Murder City"? The story was in the Free Press on 5/11/08 and its about crime, drugs, and race life in the inner-city. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=2008805110537

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6625
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It was kind of funny, his house was filled with weed but there wasn't a dandelion or trace of crabgrass on his front lawn.

I don't get it, is there a relation between pot and lawn maintenance?