Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » America at Work AFL-CIO Union-Industries Show « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4051
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.wwj.com/May-16-18-- America---Work-AFL-CIO-Union-I ndustries/2145043

quote:

From May 16-18 at Cobo Hall in Detroit, hundreds of exciting exhibits and hands-on demonstrations will celebrate America’s union workers and the work they do.

The 70th Annual America-at-Work AFL-CIO Union-Industries Show has something for everyone: adults and kids, high school seniors and senior citizens.

Admission is FREE!

For the first time in the show’s history, many of our exhibitors will be encouraged to sell their high-quality products on the Show floor—including automobiles, tools, work clothes, appliances, work boots, sporting equipment, building products and more—at special prices.

It's the largest collection ever of union-made-in-the-USA products and services under one roof

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 250
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are also going to be guided tours of the Labor Legacy Memorial in nearby Hart Plaza. I believe these tours meet at the memorial and start at 12:30PM and 4:00PM on Saturday and Sunday. I am giving one of the tours at 12:30 on Saturday!

Frankg
Username: Frankg

Post Number: 251
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlie Kernaghan from the National Labor Committee in Support of Human and Worker Rights is going to give a speech there Saturday morning, I think.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.