Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Tall Ship Heads-Up « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tall ship Denis Sullivan, on her way to Port Huron, MI, should be passing by Downtown in the next few minutes.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's passing right now! check out dossin web cam
http://www.detroithistorical.o rg/webcam/wcmainb.htm

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6692
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 463
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry but this brings back bad memories of the tri-centennial parade. What a dud that was. I was expecting something like the bicentennial flotilla in NY harbour. Instead there was one ship about every 15 minutes.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2344
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tomorrow evening is the Annual dinner of the Marine Historical Society of Detroit at the Seaway Terminal in Port Huron, and we are happy that even one 3 master might be on the premises for the occasion.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 557
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The_rock-

Sorry to threadjack, but the train loco that you asked about at Fort Wayne is not there. No one I asked seemed to know what I was talking about when I inquired, either. I will continue to look for you until I get an answer, though!

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2345
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many thanks, PlyRes for the update on the old zoo train. I found out last week that if you google "Glancy Train Modular Club", you will see photos of the old rusting-away locomotive taken in what is described as the "Detroit Historical Storage Area" which I had assumed was located at Fort Wayne. So I will contact the folks at the DHS ( beginning with Bob Cosgrove) and I am sure I can find out where the storage area is located.
And congrats on winning jjaba's latest trivia contest. I took both of those photos, and excused myself from the contest, so I should really share in the million dollar prize that I assume jjaba will be sending you. But give my share to Ms. Ply.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.