Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » TWO Car Chases in ONE Day? Are We LA Now?! » Archive through May 15, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"but the intricacies of the concealed carry law and the real reason behind it will keep me from THAT list."

hmmm. please explain

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12846
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The concealed carry law can be used to gather weapons in the future.

Registering weapons happened in Germany just before their confiscation before the Nazis did their worst evil against members of their OWN (now rendered defenseless) society.

Read up on your history, then we MIGHT sneak by NOT repeating it tomorrow.

I will NOT put myself on any government list, no matter how benign it may appear at first.

Remember, I am more skeptical of the law than you are...you would not get very far towards that degree of yours if you voiced the doubts about the validity and efficacy of the law that I enjoy.

I will be the happy, peaceful good-neighbor outlaw, helping everyone and staying within MOST laws for the rest of my life...someone you would be able to know would always have your best interest at heart.

I cannot say that about most who scramble to get to the top of the power pyramid, and once in place can dictate to many below them to enforce the law EVEN WHEN IT TURNS AGAINST regular citizens...because these regular citizens can be made to appear less than good for society.

I vaguely remember someone saying horrible, derogatory remarks about another in front of them in traffic who merely had expired license plates.

It is not a far step with that deep-seeded superiority complex to doing what one can to enforce laws because blah, blah, blah they are dangerous on the road, surely they don't have insurance, we NEED to clamp down on any and every license plate that is expired because our chances of finding ONE rapist/murderer increases with every dragnet we employ.

When all they likely actually did was stop being able to afford mandatory car insurance that is sold at usury rates because they simply cannot afford to live anywhere else...or they even just forgot that they were expired.

So, we subject MOSTLY poor and disadvantaged citizens trying their best to merely survive to some random harsh dragnet with NEW license plate scanning devices...while the real rapist/murderers who just happens to afford clean plates scoots by unhindered.

Nah, even GOOD laws can be turned into weapons against people at the drop of a hat, with those at the helm having their own agenda.

God help those poor and disadvantaged who dare drive around during an election year with bozos at the helm that SEEK to eliminate them from the voting rolls with a simple weed bust...enhanced. Even if they ARE merely misdemeanors, they can put a whole bunch of people behind bars temporarily during the time of the election!

The system is out-of-control, and I'd love it if you could see how something designed for good can be twisted by a FEW bad people at the helm...with everyone below them performing tasks assigned by superiors who are assumed to be good people...so they don't question them, because they either were never taught to, or they fear the loss of their jobs enough to just hinder someone's basic human rights this one time because of (insert lame justification here).

So, yeah, I'm not going on any concealed carry list that could potentially be used against me in the future...no matter how 'good' it appears today.

Cheers

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 533
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlottepaul-

You don't need to defend the cops, they can do it all on their own.

Cops are not allowed to just randomly ignore traffic control devices unless they are in pursuit or have a very good reason for endangering the others on the road with their lousy driving habits. This isn't the first time I have seen or heard of this happening.

I agree with Pgn421-they are not ABOVE the law, only there to enforce it by example:-), which they rarely do.

As for Gannon and his CCW issues, he's the least of our worries on that account.

Besides, I can shoot better than him!

Ragged-

Pretty harsh statement about Gannon's personality.
After all, it's not like everything you've ever posted that I've read is exactly "normal" thinking. The SO keeping tabs on you comment was totally uncalled for, but typical of people who so readily elevate themselves above others.

Gannon

Post Number: 12847
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ask yourself really, truly WHY the Homeland Security pushed to have all of our officers of the law decked out with the latest and greatest military hardware...

...when the true solution is to simply legalize the drug trade and make it STOP being gray- and black-market driven.

Ending prohibition ended the use of the Tommy gun.

It will do so again. IF we let it.

Gannon

Post Number: 12848
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heya, PR, if I could FIND a Significant Other who'd put up with me...heh, that's what he meant by SO, right?!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3131
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a retired police officer, I gotta really side with Gannon on a particular issue.

These Police SWAT teams and their equivalent today that I see on TV make me think I'm looking at a street scene in Beirut or Baghdad. Jeez, a crew of them could take on an army special forces unit and clobber them.

I've been away from the profession for 24 years. But I don't like seeing local police looking like something designed by our Vice President.

Even in my day when the DPD 'big four' had a Thompson sub-machine gun in their trunk, department rules were strict that it was NEVER to be fired full-automatic. With the Mattel-looking weapons they have today, looks like they're ready to blast everything and anything in front of them.

Questionable law enforcement in my humble opinion.

Also, I'm totally against marijuana. But the amount of time spent arresting and prosecuting persons with trivial amounts is ridiculous. Toss it in the gutter and send 'em on their way. In my day, if we found a juvenile with a beer, we had him pour it out and chewed his ass, but we had better things to do than carrying it further than that.

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 373
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch out for those seatbelt enforcement zones Gannon. The (federally funded) Click-it or Ticket campaign is starting up again, until June 1!

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouthres: ever heard of ENABLING ? I assume that in calling my comment about Gannon's personality harsh you are referring to the comparison to Danny, eh ?

Do you need a Kleenex ?

You'll need to make a better case than: Waaahhh...*sniffle*..."you're harsh, Ragged." He's regularly using illegal mind-altering drugs while driving around with an unregistered loaded weapon in his car.

How about this Res...he pulls into your driveway while your young kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews are playing on your front lawn. They think his car is cool so they decide to investigate. Of course it doesn't occur to him to secure his weapon first because HE'S HIGH.

Yeah, he absolutely needs a caretaker. Read and consider his posts 'in total'. Just the ones in the last 7 days.

Nothing personal, Gannon. Just lookin' out for you and the rest of us. What you need is a brutally honest friend. Do you have one of those ? I'm not offering, just asking...

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 364
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936, what was "your beat" , when you were on the job, were you in the Cass?

BTW, I like what you said. These TV shows of the DEA going around "flipping" ppl up the food chain kinda makes me sick. It all just seems so contrived for the masses.

Do we get to have a "shoot off" with Gannon and Res at the range on Chene? This could be good folks. I want a little more trash talk though to pump us up (Im talkin to you Gannon)

Croweblack
Username: Croweblack

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I will NOT put myself on any government list, no matter how benign it may appear at first. "

are you registered to vote? do you have a ss #? do you pay taxes?

if we fail to take advantage of the ability to register our firearms we therefore have failed to live up to our responsibilities of the constitution, specifically the second amndmnt. However, if some of us have violated laws and regulations that specifically affect our ability to obtain a ccw permit, that doesn't make it acceptable to criticize and belittle that right that separates us from other countries, (and your ridiculous comparison to nazi germany...)

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3133
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Django, old 2nd (Vernor) precinct 1959 - 1965, Motorcycle Traffic 1965 - 1972 (Yeah, lot of the Cass Corridor), Chief's Staff 1972 - 1984. Couple other minor stops along the way not worth mentioning.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 460
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"hpgrmin- what kind of scanner do you have?"

Radio Shack Pro-96

All of Oakland County is switching to "open sky", a very advanced digital system that no scanner can decode.All the experts say that no one will be able to EVER make one that can decode opensky.
Its more advanced than the regular "digital" system detroit and macomb county use. And due to their fragile reception and all the interference from other radio towers near me, I cant pick up those signals strongly enough to hear a full conversation. By the end of this year, everything in Oakland County will be unable to be monitored. Troy already switched to that system. My dad owns a home AND buisness there and was reliant on his radio to keep aware of his properties' safety. This new system screwed him over good.

Gannon

Post Number: 12849
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

are you registered to vote? do you have a ss #? do you pay taxes?

if we fail to take advantage of the ability to register our firearms we therefore have failed to live up to our responsibilities of the constitution, specifically the second amndmnt. However, if some of us have violated laws and regulations that specifically affect our ability to obtain a ccw permit, that doesn't make it acceptable to criticize and belittle that right that separates us from other countries, (and your ridiculous comparison to nazi germany...)

You've proven my point, exactly, and shown me that not only are we on the cusp of another rearing of this evil's head...you are already on the side of cheering on those in jackboots.

May God help your soul.

Thanks for the help figuring that out. Couldn't do it without you.

Gannon

Post Number: 12850
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Shark.

Did y'all know there have been a few full-bus sweeps on SMART, too?

Don't know if they're practising for something or what.

Hpgrmln and Ray,
Thanks for illuminating a few things I hadn't though of before...you made a few other points very clear.

Now we won't even be able to HEAR the truth of police discussions over the air. Nobody will know if they're being mobilized in response to some bigger action, a fire or accident or 'police situation' as they say on the road reports now.

We'll just hear the sirens and have to wait for the evening news. They'll tell us everything that's happened...unless the President's daughter is getting married, or Britney acts up again...or luckily some major disaster can happen to pump some horrible images down our eye/brains.

We're done. It's been good for a while.

The Illusion of democracy in this land is over, everything is revealed for the tyranny enabler they've built over the past two generations.

Three if you're a Bush. heh

Gannon

Post Number: 12851
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragged,

I ONLY keep brutally honest friends about me...and see them often. We share everything honestly and openly, and none of us mince our words.

I am around a good many people who know everything about me, and not a one of 'em are enablers...at least not for long. We all have fun recognizing what we might be getting out of hand with...and don't give up on those who fail, like all good mere humans do occasionally in one way or another.

Funny, most are quite aware of the cyclical nature we all endure, too...and only one thinks that anything can truly be made perfect, and we're gently working on him.

Thanks for the concern. I do need a handler, though, I really DON'T have a concept of money or time...I only notice each when I run out. I'm not made for this advanced western civilization stuff, sweep second hand guillotine...gotta go...

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 5357
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

All of Oakland County is switching to "open sky", a very advanced digital system that no scanner can decode. All the experts say that no one will be able to EVER make one that can decode opensky.

If it's true that Oakland County is switching to a ... system that no scanner can decode, it is very disturbing.

The ability of civilians to monitor domestic police communications has historically been a proud hallmark of American democracy. Why would the state suddenly go to the trouble of concealing their communications from law-abiding citizens?

Something sinister is afoot. There is no valid reason to draw a curtain designed to conceal domestic police operations from the very citizens they were sworn to protect.

(Message edited by Jimaz on May 14, 2008)

Croweblack

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You've proven my point, exactly, and shown me that not only are we on the cusp of another rearing of this evil's head...you are already on the side of cheering on those in jackboots.

May God help your soul.

Thanks for the help figuring that out. Couldn't do it without you.

^your point isn't that sharp. i'll make this cut and dry for you and phrase it this way, if you were to hypothetically fill out a ccw form, would you be able to pass all the criteria they ask for? or is your nazi rambling paranoia stemming from the fact that you would not be able to?

Gannon

Post Number: 12852
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I looked at the requirements when I bought the weapon and passed the tests for the classes they have you take. I did not go into the shock and awe night and close-range classes, didn't feel the need to.

I would have passed everything then, I am not sure about now...I would have to re-read the statute and application.

My point is we're past the point where using the law as its own form of weapon is guaranteed. You will, by your programming, not complain until that weapon is leveled at you.

Then it will be too late.

They won't use the same name, but it will be Nazi-like state in no time at all. And you will wear whatever uniform they make you wear, so non-conformists will be visually identifiable, and gosh...you don't want to be seen as one of 'them'.

Congratulations, you've help usher in the modern Nazi state. What size boot will you need?! Remember your feet swell after the first couple of stompings.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 558
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hpgrmin- I have a new digital scanner, Uniden , i dont like i as much as the old analog scanners. breaks up when you hear a call.im thinking about getting a base antenna

Django

Post Number: 365
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just want to say that Im no proponent of guns. I grew up with them, I know how to use them, I own one for household protection and will not waver if I have to use it. But In general, I hate the dammn things. They scare the shit out of me. Last week a squatter across the street got pissed cause I called him a dumbass, He ran to his house and got his little 38. Waving in my face, telling him how I dissed him. My legs were shaking but I was able to keep it together. I explained to him as calmly as I could that he was the "big man now, cause you got the gun" He actually tapped me on the noggin with that thing. This all happened in my driveway. I now have my 12gauge hanging once again about 12 feet from the door, loaded. I hate that fucking thing, I hate that I feel the need to have it. But thats the reality of the situation.

Sorry if I got a little off track.

I know Gannon, If there was only one person out there with a gun I would trust Gannon with this responsibility. His gun was in the Trunk when that cop took it from him. Thats LEGAL. No reason why he shouldnt have it back in his trunk right now.

Django

Post Number: 366
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936.
Im planning on a project on the Cass. Id very much like to talk with you sometime. Are you going to be at Sinbads at the gathering comming up. I could fill you in and see what you think.

Shark

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wear a size 10, and look good in black.

Gannon, you should move out of the city. I bet you can get a good deal on some land near Bancroft or some other little burg. Then you can hang out with the Michigan Militia folks who not only share your love of guns, but also your paranoid delusions and anti-government sentiment.

Gannon

Post Number: 12854
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cop didn't take it.

Perp did.

Gannon chased perp.

Cops caught him ONLY with Gannon's direct help.

Report filed. Court dates held, witness not needed due to perp taking a break from the judge.

ALL evidence released as soon as the detective, one of the best fellows I've ever shared time with in any matter like this, could...except the weapon.

Detective went to bat for me at least twice, trying to get weapon released.

I would bet big dollars that the entire night road crew of the Bloomfield Township department at that time would sign a release for me.

I have a list longer than my arm of personal support that would also lobby on my behalf...some really heavy hitters in town, too...if I would only ask them.

Nah, he is unwavering in his adherence to the law, like some of you who don't even know me are doing. Bully to you, I'm sure the law is stacked as much against you but you still play the game so you can say harsh things about me.

Cheers, all, it has been quite the illuminating conversation.

Monahan, sorry for calling you out like that...I was just trying to make a point that got missed. Much love, darling. You didn't deserve that.

Gannon

Post Number: 12855
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's funny, Django, only person I'D trust is PlymouthRes, but I'd still like to have that shoot off.

Chene is a shooting gallery? THAT explains all the noise...heh.

Shark

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0, 1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654---,0 0.html

Visit this site to check out the laws regulating firearms. If you'll notice, Gannon's statement that he keeps a gun in his "passenger compartment, fully loaded and ready for action" means that he is breaking the law in a very big way.

Croweblack

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cop didn't take it.

Perp did.

Gannon chased perp.

Cops caught him ONLY with Gannon's direct help.

Report filed. Court dates held, witness not needed due to perp taking a break from the judge.

ALL evidence released as soon as the detective, one of the best fellows I've ever shared time with in any matter like this, could...except the weapon.

^you were foolish enough to let someone else take it! the only gun you should be allowed to handle is one that shoots water or blows bubbles.

Gannon

Post Number: 12859
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shark,

I am very much aware of that, I said I only do it when I'm travelling outside of a jurisdiction of a populace...between cities, basically, and usually ONLY out west.

I would not carry it in the city, even if I felt the need to...I would risk those five steps they say you need to be away from pulling the trigger and firing the weapon.

You are trying to make me into some gun slinger...it won't fit. Sorry.

Croweblack,

Yeah, I was foolish to shut my client's garage door and stack a few boxes while my car was open about fifty feet from the sleepiest corner of Interlaken Drive in West Bloomfield.

At midnight in the 'safest town in the midwest' or however they bill themselves as. Where the crime stats are the lowest, according to my truly paranoid friend who pulls HIS nine every time someone sneezes at him in the city.

Kiss my ass twice. I'm SO culpable in this perp's acquisition of my weapon...like I just traded it for crack rocks or something.

(that is what .38s are for, anyways)

Django

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, You dont know about the shooting range on Chene? Its a little building just south of Warren a bit. Ive never been in there, would love to try my hand with a glock though.

Again, I want some trash talk. Lets build this shoot off up a bit. Res. dissed you man, are you gonna put up with that. What kind of man are you?

(Message edited by django on May 15, 2008)

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 461
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, it started out as a larceny from vehicle.Right after the call came out, the police spotted it and the driver took off at a high rate of speed. They ran the plate and it came back stolen.DPD actually joined in pretty quickly.Ferndale actually terminated the chase until the driver circled around and rammed one of their units. Then it was on again.

Django

Post Number: 372
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 5:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plz see my re edited post above one notch GANNON.