Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit No. 1 most miserable according to Forbes « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Drifterlee
Username: Drifterlee

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit was ranked No. 1 Most Miserable City to live in by Forbes Magazine http://realestate.msn.com/Buyi ng/Article_forbes.aspx?cp-docu mentid=6171960&GT1=35000

with Flint ranking No. 3. I was thinking about moving back to Chicagon - Boston area as housing is so cheap, but is crime really that bad? Would we be risking our lives by living in the city??

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1701
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was already posted on her a couple months ago I think.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 904
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most of the people I know that left Detroit did so not because of violent crime, but the nonstop property crime. It's very demoralizing to have your car or garage broken into on a regular basis. It's even more demoralizing to know that the police don't have the resources or the inclination to even respond to simple property crimes either.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2141
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuck Forbes and their crappy lists! (please excuse my French) :-)

(Message edited by DetroitRise on May 17, 2008)

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 201
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not miserable. How about you?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.