Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » The Birth of Ugly, The Grace Miller facade make-over « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Russix
Username: Russix

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pics are coming. I not sure what title you would give the style. It kinda looks like the ABC building next to the Forest Arms but with much more attention to fancy details and ornaments. Time itself has not proven kind to the building's windows, but the structure remained in decent shape(it hasn't burn). Well i noticed while passing the building yesterday on Grand River just northwest of Grand Blvd that they begun to fill in the windows and cover the whole facade with that stucco plaster stuff you find on party stores and lots of middle eastern restaurants (Anyone know the title of both these styles?). Anyway I'll get some pics soon to share in the birth of ugly.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2281
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are covering the Grace Miller with EFIS?

Shit. The one nice commercial building left on Grand River and it's going to be remuddled.

Detroit rises, one 40oz, one pack of cigs at a time.

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 3:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once they stucco that they'll paint it "party store blue." Worked at the tire store the next block up in the 80's. The old man from the tire store retired in 88, at the tender age of 82. That was his third location on Gd River, after having been in business since the wooden Kelsey Hayes days.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11794
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

one pack of cigs at a time

...also available in singles if you prefer.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.