Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit/Michigan in jokes « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2325
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think there are a lot. I know this one:

A guy is sitting in a bar and watching this other guy down at the end of the bar smoke cigarettes. He lights them in a weird way: First he strikes a match, then he lights the flame on a Zippo, then he uses the Zippo to light his cigarette. This happens over and over again. Finally, unable to contain his curiosity, the guy walks down the bar.

"Hey," he says, "I can't help but notice that you first light a match, then light your Zippo, then light your butt. Are you out of flint?"

"No," the man replies in a thick Polish accent, "I am from Hamtramck."

Bows and apologies ...

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 659
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 692
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not a joke exactly but I just re-watched this movie again for about the millionth time on sunday night.

"It was a rough place - the seediest dive on the wharf. Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."

If you can't name the movie...you are one sad person.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6517
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitnerd, your joke was weaker than that third cup of Chinese Oolong tea.

jjaba, LOL.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11825
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimbo - Airplane?

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2288
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to an advanced screening of the first Naked Gun movie in Ann Arbor, and the director, Jerry Zucker was there. He stuck around after the screening, answered some audience questions, then some of us hung around and got to ask questions more one-on-one. I asked him about the Detroit references in Airplane and Kentucky Fried movie, his answer was basically "it's funny. When something is funny, you don't mess with it"

(Message edited by 56packman on May 20, 2008)

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 145
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This half polock thought it was funny. Used to know a bunch of them.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look up:

-Jimmy Kimmel
-Conan O'Brien
-Jay Leno

and Detroit. :-)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back in the day, this was used for the Red Wings, (Pistons) -

They re-named the Red Wings the Detroit Tampons, they don't have a second string, and are only good for one period.

GO WINGS / PISTONS *******************

Jjaba

Post Number: 6518
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Tigers were sold today to Imelda Marcos. She's moving them. The new name is the Manila Folders.

jjaba.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 2326
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mwah-mwah-mwah-mwaaaaaah :-)

Jjaba

Post Number: 6519
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jjaba took his girlfriend to Briggs Stadium. We sat high up in Sec. 24, upper deck, daygame.
He kissed her on the strikes and she kissed him on the balls. It was a lovely day.
(Credit given to Soupy Sales)

jjaba, 1959.

Walkerpub
Username: Walkerpub

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What was the difference between Ron Lowe and Bob-Lo?

One had an minimum age requirement and a height restriction.

Walkerpub
Username: Walkerpub

Post Number: 212
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bit risque:

When I was young, I was parked on Belle Isle making out with my girlfriend. She said: kiss my where it stinks.

So I drove her over the Rouge Plant.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you know you can snow ski in Detroit? Mt Elliot.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6520
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My Uncle Morton Finkelsteinbrenner sold clothes in Broadway Market.
Some guy comes in, steals a coat off the rack. Cops chase him, and Uncle Morton runs yelling, "shoot him in the pants, the coat belongs to me."

jjaba, remembering when Jews had stores downtown.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.