Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Crazy bike dude with whistle « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

spotted heading south on gratiot, near russell, 9:30 sunday morning. many folks have wondered what happened to crazy whistling bike dude; he's obviously back/still around.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 587
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He definately loves a good whistle.

Have you ever been to a third world country and noticed how the cab drivers use the horn as much as say the gas or the brake? I found that hilarious. One hand on the wheel, one foot on the gas, one on the brake, and always one on the horn.

Ive only been to three countries like that but every one, man that horn was a necessity.

Being on a bike, and being on a bike as much as he has, I dont blame him. Probably saved his ass once or twice.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 3:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i love watching him in front of the Y. He cracks up my girlfriend

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2404
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember him from high school.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2223
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He roams around Midtown (Cass Corridor) as well.

Ah, gotta love that big city experience. :-)

(Message edited by DetroitRise on May 27, 2008)

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1909
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I passed by him, or his associate, while riding my bike along Outer Drive near Mound a few years back. He was riding opposite traffic flow and used his whistle at each crossing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.