Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Does a court-ordered eviction usually happen this efficiently? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 220
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My neighbors--no comment--were apparently evicted from their home. It appears they abandoned ship last week. Yesterday afternoon, a large open trailer was parked in front of their house with a sign on it saying "Court-Ordered Eviction." This morning, a work crew came out and cleared out the house. After they left, scrappers soon followed and removed the security doors. I left my house at 3:30 and by the time I returned at 7:00, the trailer was gone. Nothing was on the lawn at all--which is a major blessing. Anyone know why this eviction was done so efficiently while most others don't seem to be?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sounds like someone ripped them off. I can't imagine a sign like that on a vehicle sent by the courts.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 3447
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a new one on me as well.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1730
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a new rule stating that upon eviction, the owner can no longer dump the contents on the lawn. they have to provide a dumpster or face a stiff fine. Do a search on dyes for the original thread.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The City of Detroit has issued a press release detailing a new ordinance which requires landlords to provide an approved container for the removal of tenants' personal property when an eviction is to occur and to remove the container within 48 hours of the eviction."
http://www.safeguardproperties .com/content/view/1085/106/

Hopefully in the future the evictions can be more ambiguous so as not to attract scrappers to the home to destroy the property after the tenants are evicted.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2245
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would still take 30 days from the notice until the actual eviction.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.