Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Atmosphere: A 'DREAMPOP' night out in Detroit Jun 5 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zumby
Username: Zumby

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fans of Big Sonic Heaven and Sugar Hiccup will want to take note of this event.

Auralgasms + Filter Magazine present Atmosphere...a night of Dreampop, Britpop, Triphop, Shoegaze and Electronica with the Ladytron - Velocifero release party Jun 5 at (Proof) Martini Lounge in Downtown Detroit across from Comerica Park.

No Cover 21+

Enjoy the Blissful tunes spun by Auralgasms' Zumby and Mikeylove along with teletran.one

You can hear also hear cuts from the new Ladytron record all night long and walk away with tons of goodies courtesy of Filter Magazine and Nettwerk Records.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 543
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice.

Fredgarvin
Username: Fredgarvin

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Huh? What did he just say?

Dtales
Username: Dtales

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Auralgasm is an Internet-based radio station based out of Detroit. Their DJs, which spin a variety of music from "Britpop" to "triphop," will be spinning at [Proof] Martini Lounge on Thursday, June 5. This is also a listening party for Ladytron, an electronica group from the UK. They won't actually BE here (but they will be in Detroit later in June), but their album (Velocifero) will be played and there will be giveaways from their record label.

I think this makes a little more sense than what Zumby posted? Which only made sense to me because I already knew about the event...otherwise I would have been with Fredgarvin.

Oh, sonic heaven and sugar hiccup are references to radio segments/themed club nights that featured this kind of music.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2312
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who shot who in the what now?

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 544
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zumby made perfect sense to me. Guess you have to be in tune to Detroit radio and good music. Big Sonic Heaven was a radio show in the late 90's on Sunday nights 96.3FM. Check out Indie 103.1 Darren Revell to get a taste. Detroit radio has lost too much good radio. Please search older threads for details.

Detroitduo
Username: Detroitduo

Post Number: 906
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darren Ravell is alive and well in L.A......

:-)

Fredgarvin

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the translation Dtales. Might have well been Swahili to me.

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 449
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Promoter lingo is a language of its own. :-)

Fredgarvin

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that anything like pig-Latin?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.