Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Best Free Seats for Air Race « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bigdiesel07
Username: Bigdiesel07

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anybody have the scoop on where there are good seats for the air race that cost no money?

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 376
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try the old riverwalk behind the demolished Free Press plant west of the Riverfront Apts/condos. A lot of people are going to Windsor also.

Bigdiesel07

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Gianni.

I assume people will have to bring their own lawn chairs and stuff, right?

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BigDiesel: no, the City of Detroit will provide lawnchairs, and food, and binoculars and foot massages while you watch the air races...

Bigglenlake
Username: Bigglenlake

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is cheap thread?

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 530
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For 50 cents you can ride the people mover. You'll have a great view for about 2 minutes of action every loop. Last I looked they still had seats on the people mover, but no foot massages.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The rep I talked to yesterday said there will be plenty of free viewing along the Windsor riverfront. I'm not sure where though.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7983
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe there was an interactive map of some kind on the DetNews.com site with locations on both sides of the border for viewing- paid and freebies.

Bigdiesel07

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Detroitpetanque- I am so happy that the city of Detroit cares about suburbanites to provide that for me. I will bring my own binoculars though.

To Downriviera- That is too much out of my budget. lol... Interesting idea though.

Thanks Smogboy and Detroitstar.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.