Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Freep - Possible Piston Head Coaches « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroiterinspirit
Username: Detroiterinspirit

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 6:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today's Freep has a photo gallery of possible head coaches; Michael Curry, Avery Johnson, Terry Porter, Brian Shaw, and ISIAH THOMAS.

That better be the Freep's version of a late April Fool's joke. I don't see the Isiah option happening at all. But if that scumbag somehow became the head coach, all my respect for Joe Dumars, Tom Wilson, and Bill Davidson is gone.

Maybe it was a nightmare....

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1664
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Avery Johnson should be the front runner.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They wouldn't let Chicago talk to Curry before so you'd have to think he was a coach in waiting. Isiah was a good player but he stinks in management. His big mouth got him canned here before and opened the door for Joe D.

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 453
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought Michael Curry was already a done deal.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 378
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isiah has failed in every coaching job he has held. He might be a good candidate for the next Lions coach though.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 522
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isiah, the prodigal son, will not be returning. He was an average coach with the Pacers and failed with the Knicks. He was a worse GM than coach actually and I'm happy he somehow pissed off Bill Davidson enough that we ended up with Joe Dumars. But how exactly is the greatest Piston player ever a scumbag?

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 149
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Jeff Van Gundy would be a great fit for the Pistons. His personality as a coach is totally different from that as a broadcaster. He's real tough on his players, relentlessly harks on fundamentals, and pushes them to do better, especially after victories. I think he can motivate them, which is what the Pistons need to get over the hump. I don't think the aforementioned candidates are motivators, especially Avery Johnson.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.