Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Let's Go Red Wings! » Archive through June 04, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 230
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question for everyone.. would you rather win this in Game 6, and have it be done with, or win it in Game 7, back here in Detroit, in good ol' Joe Louis?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8019
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DAMN... and we were pressing 'em too.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Atwater, a very good question that I am unable to answer...as long as I'm at the parade!

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 716
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To answer the original question... I watched CBC at home so I could watch the game. Not be surrounded by (fill in the blank) somewhere that know nothing about hockey and are just there for a party.

Finish the Pen's off ASAP. It is a game of inches and bad-bounces.

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was waaay too stressful for me.

I'd like the wings to win in six so that I don't need any anti-anxiety medications to keep me going.

To wish for game seven would be to tempt fate.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8020
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just win the Cup. I don't care how but the sooner the better.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 1717
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah - the sooner the better - I want them to win in Pittsburgh!

You gotta admit that was some Grrreat playing tonight by two great teams! How exciting and nail biting it all was! Both net minders were terrific. Ozzie is the best - keep him in the net. He'll come through for the team and the CUP will be ours once again!

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the Pens force game 7 they gain full momentum as well as the mental advantage, IMO.

Red Wings had their chance to win at home, and blew it.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4442
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't say the Wings blew it - Fleury snuffed it. Gotta give credit where credit's due.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2270
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 6:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah well, better luck next year.

Detroit - The town of Playoff blow-its

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 582
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the Love of Howe, Mahavolich, and Stemkowski....Quit Yor Whining!

Y'all know Good and Damn Well that the Red Wings will prevail - just be patient.

(I know this....and I'm not even a hockey fan)

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2272
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chuckjav, I'm not either.

Did you not see the "whatever, I don't really care" vibe in my post?

Living_in_the_d
Username: Living_in_the_d

Post Number: 253
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, It ain't over till it's over.

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 622
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened?

Hoog
Username: Hoog

Post Number: 637
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Donny, you're out of your element!

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Same old, we need a goalie. (ducking)

Defended only 1/3 as much and let more through.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know potential parade dates? I know there would be a couple at this point with the possibility of having to play game 7

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 962
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, what a great game. As a true fan of sports that game was amazing. It sucks because the Wings lost but the actual game was great.

I thought the Wings looked bad for the entire first period. Also, a lot of shots needed to be elevated... IE Holmstrom's backhand and multiple Samuelson shots... I know its easier said then done but to me it looked like we could have put a few more in net...

We dominated most of the game and still lost. Luck is part of winning any championship.

I hope this type of loss does not crush their spirit. They are vets and should be able to handle this type of trauma.

Upinottawa
Username: Upinottawa

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course, Detroit likes wrapping up series on the road....

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 383
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great game by Ozzie. That was the most shots he's faced all year pretty much. 24/28 is ok at best stats-wise, but the timeliness and clutchness of his performance was top rate imo.

All things aside, the game puck still goes to Fleury. I know it's been said 20,000 times already, but he did stop 55/58, which is pretty resilient. Beside him, the Pens bench was pretty somber for most of this game.

Great game time decision for Babcock to spilt up Zett and Dat between regulation periods. They weren't creating nearly enough to warrant their consolidation, so he chopped em up and spread em out. Then we started scoring.

Also, with Helm getting an important goal last night, look for him to steal some of that "Penguin Momentum". He is getting hungrier every game, so look for his input to matter come game 6. Maltby with a helper is something to smile about as well.

I was at the joe last night. The crowd was there. Some of them fell asleep as the night went on. I have no voice today because I tried my best to wake them up. Still, the seats remained filled till the end (duh!). It was good to see a packed house. There was a lot of energy in my immediate surrounding. Wings fans are the greatest fans in the world. One of the toughest parts of the night was walking out of the arena after the game, watching the vendors seal up the boxes of t-shirts that said something we are not allowed to read....... yet. I WILL own one of those t-shirts. You just wait!

Give 'em hell Red Wings!

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was hoping the wings would win last night. my friend had went to the game and had tix right behind the Wings bench! now i hope the Wings win it in Pittsburgh so the momentum does not swing back their way. I play hockey and can tell they are getting that back on them. We want the CUP!

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So... what was downtown like last night?

Were the bars full? Did Honkeytown cafe and Chelli's have busy nights?

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was so many people downtown, so much so that they were sitting on the steps of the church across the street from Hockeytown watching the game on the large screen they had outside. I think everyone in michigan was watching the end of that game.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 159
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone plan on going to Joe Vision? I plan to with the rest of my family...

Designerguy24
Username: Designerguy24

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2-0 BABY!

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 653
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops!

Designerguy24

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn its 2-1

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 290
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LETS GO RED WINGS!!

Designerguy24

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3-1 Hecks Ya!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4449
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey!! Thanks, Fleury!