Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Silo restaurant? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 358
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back in 1990-ish I recall going to a restaurant called The Silo or something similar. I'm pretty sure it was in Sterling Heights. Does anyone remember this and where exactly it was located? I'm pretty sure it's been torn down now. I can't seem to find anything via Google.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 668
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

on Hayes, was there for a while until finally tore down and a giant pizza place was built that I think is now out of business too.

Riley484
Username: Riley484

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was around 18 and Hayes in Clinton Township (right on the border of Sterling Heights).

I believe it was a Post Bar recently until there was a shooting there that caused it to go out of business. Don't know what's there now.

Thedeadofnight
Username: Thedeadofnight

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That location is now home to the newest Chelli's Chili Bar!

Mdoyle
Username: Mdoyle

Post Number: 430
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes. The Silo was great. I was still a little kid around the time it closed. It was amazing for me as a kid to eat in a barn. It was torn down and became...
Lentini's Chop House
Andiamo Pizza Pie
Post Bar
Sheilds Pizza
Chellis Chili

The location is cursed.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

supposedly the site is haunted

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really liked that place. They had some damn good sandwiches, and I'm pretty sure the silo was real.

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 359
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to all. I knew I'd be able to find some info if I posted here! At the time (1990), I was only 19 and knew very little of the eastside. I had family living in Sterling Heights, around Clinton River Rd/Schoenerr area. On a visit to them, we went to the Silo. It seemed in the middle of nowhere and probably was, compared to what it is now. I always wondered if it was an actual barn/silo.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.