Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » American Masala 51 W. Hancock ??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Orange_barrel
Username: Orange_barrel

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the current status of American Masala? They've been closed for a long time and show no sign of reopening. Nobody answers the phone there; it just rings and rings.

My wife and I miss their palak paneer and gobi masala. The food was always excellent, but they could never keep the place open for more than a few weeks at a time; something would break and they'd have to close for repairs. I really hope they aren't permanently closed this time... :-(

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always had disappointing experiences there (bone in the masala, etc.) but maybe the vegetarian was better. If you haven't already, Orange, I highly recommend you check out Sizzl N' Spice on Monroe across from Compuware.

Orange_barrel
Username: Orange_barrel

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rhymeswithrawk, thank you for the suggestion. We'll give it a try next time we go out. Yeah, whenever we went to American Masala we stuck to the vegetarian dishes, so your experience was most likely different from ours...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.