Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit Tree Lighting Photos « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg_creative
Username: Sg_creative

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cold, yet fantastic, evening. Hundreds of people turned out to celebrate the Holiday Tree Lighting at Campus Martius.

Here are some photos from the Detroit Tree Lighting 2008.

Detroit Stock Photos
http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/d etroitstockphotos/gallery-show /G0000a0q.gnvwR8g/

-Steve

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4035
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We didn't make it to the tree lighting, but when we drove through downtown tonight it was just beautiful. All the trees outlined with lights. The city looks really beautiful at this time of year.

Peachlaser
Username: Peachlaser

Post Number: 259
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sg_creative,

Your photos show light, growth and hope for Detroit.

People around the world need to see this beautiful part of Detroit right now. They need to see the light and hope that is present and growing in Detroit. Your photos are showing that. Detroit is getting a lot of scrutiny right now and your photos can help change perceptions. So, good luck!

Here are my favorite photos. They are the .JPG numbers:

1. 0182
2. 0177
3. 0156
4. 0169
5. 0191 - Good Tree Shot - (crop tighter)
6. 0192 - Good Tree Shot - (crop tighter)
7. 0180 - Skating. Get Hard Rock guitar in focus. Get some people in this shot laughing and having a good time on the ice. Great colors.
8. 0183

One comment about the tree lighting..., there did not seem to be a crowd there. Detroit has got to love Detroit before they can expect the world to love Detroit!

Sg_creative

Post Number: 99
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. I agree that Detroit is getting better all the time. Just imagine that area 8 years ago and look at it now. AWESOME!

-Steve

Sg_creative

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were a lot of people, but it seemed like the moment the tree was lit, most people cleared out. Too cold, I guess.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3893
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad link, SG, or was it down temporarily when I clicked?

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 425
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't work for me either :-(

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 3093
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try again later...I checked the main page on the website and found a message that it was down temporarily.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 426
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Kathleen!

Sg_creative

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes. Server is getting a software update. Will be back up at midnight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sg_creative...Man, I sure do hope the server offers you a coupon; maybe a rebate.

Seriously though...looking forward to seeing your photos of tree lighting.

Sg_creative

Post Number: 102
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back up, FYI.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 403
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice photos.

I drove by CM on Sunday evening and it was very pretty. Wanted to stop for some skating but the GF wasn't up for it.

I am struck by the relative lack of crowd at the lighting. I would love to have made it, but had no chance of arriving that early.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.