Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Eph McNally's Questions and More » Archive through November 12, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sharmaal
Username: Sharmaal

Post Number: 1389
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you guys like Samwiches?

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 263
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ndavies yanked his whole post ! For the love of christ already.

Eph's makes a good sandwich. Give them a try if you're not in a hurry. 'Nuf said.

As for the other thing, we could all learn a lesson from the Garwood folks. In fact I think some of us already have...

Detroit_pride
Username: Detroit_pride

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now back to your regular scheduled program....Went on Monday and parked in front of Compuware at a meter 11:51 on the watch. Got to Eph's, a couple ordered a carry-out and I was behind them waiting to be seated. Took a few minutes before someone helped me and sat me at a table. No soup on the menu on monday. The place was rather dead for dine-in compared to past visits, but the carry out orders were slammed. Had the Turkey/Corned Beef and free Tap water. Food was delicious. Got back to my car at 12:45, a typical visit to a great deli.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 745
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ahhh hahahahahahah Haikoont

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 957
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wordonthestreet. You are not doing Rob and Tom any favors by your post. I am sure that they don't want the general public knowing the reasons why they closed, rather than sold, their Corktown deli. You might want to talk to them before you continue spewing your slander around town.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2092
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conspiracy theories? WHO CARES!? Are you perfect? Michael Jackson did some truly strange things. That didn't mean he couldn't sing a Heck of a lot better than you or I.

We all have the same goals here. As a city, we want to see Detroit move forward, and fill those vacant store fronts. Here's a place that is really trying, welcoming you, and asking you for your support and feedback. Why are even a few of you answering with the equivalent of a spit-in-the-face?

Thewordonthestreet
Username: Thewordonthestreet

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Closed? Is that why they were bitching about this Scott fellow packing their shit up without their knowledge while they were out of town?

I mean, for some individuals who closed their business, they seemed awfully upset about something.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14776
Posted on Saturday, November 01, 2008 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Theword,

You are doing the same thing I did, confusing the Woodward location with the old, closed Corktown one...that still has outstanding monies owed on IT!

You are talking about two different things, as was I for a moment when I made this thread. I corrected myself after I learned the difference, although I was called out on it and missed the question.

Rob and Tom will be 'bitching' for a while, be careful what you take as truth. Especially so what you then throw around here.

Many bitter people who screw up their dreams sit around bitching and ruminating about it when they drink. The only ones MORE bitter seem to be the ones who can no longer drink and have to bitch sober.

Why don't you come down and talk with Scott directly, or will you hide behind your computer screen throwing shit-bomb rumors that only hold a tiny portion of the story?!

Cheers, back to business...we're serving Great Lakes coffees now, and will try to always have a pot of each made. Over the weekend, smalls are a buck...in To-Go cups. Hot Chocolate machine is kicking it, and Campus Martius now has the ice rink built...although I don't know if they've made ice yet.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 3:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sean_of_Detroit says; "I really like Gannon's above post". :-)

Quote;

Many bitter people who screw up their dreams sit around bitching and ruminating about it when they drink. The only ones MORE bitter seem to be the ones who can no longer drink and have to bitch sober.

That was gold, or platinum even. This is a big road block here in Metro Detroit. The sheer number of their hate posts prove it. If you follow the above posters who are ridiculing Gannon and others, you might just find they do this almost every day, to a huge array of people.

Sadly, Sean_of_Detroit once did that, before he finally was able to wake up and see through the mist. Now some Detroiter's are doing the same thing to him. Ironic, isn't it?

Think about what Gannon said, and take Sean_of_Detroit's advice; "Hating gets you nowhere".

Although, every so often they do have me convinced that maybe we should give up on Detroit and (by relation) myself. People like Histeric (and places like Eph's) really show us what can be done. Then you have people like Gannon, going on despite the people that really want to see him fail.

Gannon... I really have to salute you at some point. Your action, regardless of your personal ideals and beliefs, really inspires some of us to keep going and trying. Cheers indeed!

Ignore the rude comments. Some people just don't get it or know any better. Most of them know this, and if they don't, they probably will.

Here's a good line from a Detroit performer's song (Nobody Hates Nothin');

"Once the hatin in you starts it just eats at your Soul"

Haikoont
Username: Haikoont

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why are you talking in the third person, Sean_of_detroit?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the new "in" thing. All the kids are doing it.

Haikoont, you seriously aren't talking in the third person? Get with the times!

:-)

Gannon

Post Number: 14779
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have enough trouble with my first person.

Absolutely great weekend, and a fabulous start to the week.

Many thanks to those who stopped in either Saturday or Sunday...I was not in social mode Saturday, had my brain around some technical issues and wasn't working the floor.

Sunday I was all about social mode...what a great time making happy people, this is unbelievably tiring but fun work.

Cheers, come visit soon.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2248
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"....conspiracy..... Gannon...."

"All this baggage too, must be checked." - Timothy Leary

Gannon

Post Number: 14791
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We started our eleven to eleven, seven days a week, schedule last night...had some GREAT company our first night, quite a successful time...given a complete and utter lack of promotion, on purpose.

Cool discussion, Margdar.

The rest of you will be hearing enough from us soon...but suffice it to say that whenever you feel the need for one of your Eph's favorites, we'll be open. Same with our soups, we'll always have at least two on...including a new house potato soup. Aiming to have a vegan alternative always available, too, but that is not just yet.

Coffee is always on, and anyone who comes down to the ice rink at Campus Martius will find Hot Chocolate and teas, too, for their warm-ups.

Cheers, all, thanks for the feedback here, Eph's is ready to feed y'all whenever you drop in.

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I stated in an earlier post. Have the owner of Eph's go to the " Trip Advisor " web site and have the address changed to it's present location. Thousands of visitors visit these sites a day many looking to eat Downtown. The link is;

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Res taurant_Review-g42139-d389536- Reviews-Eph_McNally_s-Detroit_ Michigan.html

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 441
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah^^^, but it's most likely easier to post non-sense and jibberish on here than making that relatively simple change.

(Message edited by registeredguest on November 11, 2008)

Living_in_the_d
Username: Living_in_the_d

Post Number: 312
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, We called for a menu to be faxed yesterday or where We could find the website, Told "We don't have a fax, And the site is still under construction", Forget turkey, The Main reason a real deli exists is for outstanding cornbeef and pastrami, And that's that's.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Registered, you are just a real goof aren't you? You chime in just to complain about the existence of this Thread. What is that all about?

You either have some unstated personal gripe against the folks at Eph's or you have a lot of extra time to rub a little sand in the vaseline.

Grow up.

Registeredguest
Username: Registeredguest

Post Number: 443
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...have a lot of extra time to rub a little sand in the vaseline..."

Yeah - a little extra time, but not 2100 posts in 14 months extra time.

Also, my bone to pick is pretty simple - I do not see this change as being beneficial to the Eph's I used to enjoy. The thread is about soliciting feedback, isn't it? I'm providing it, albeit in a childish manner.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pal, I get it, you love the old eph's but those folks are gone. Gone under a stack of unpaid bills; Scott took over the day-to-day because he had to, it was not a choice.

If you don't like Gannon, fine. That's your choice, but he is a hardworking guy who's helping set a new direction to a place that a lot of people care about.

Of course, maybe another empty storefront on Woodward would suit you better.

Margdar
Username: Margdar

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 days a week!?
11 a.m. - 11 p.m.?!
A dream come true! Seriously, a dream.

Great to chat last night, Gannon. Grazie mille for the tea!

Cycledetroit
Username: Cycledetroit

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,
Could you please email me at cycledetroit at gmail.
I have a question.

Thanks.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 319
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, do you guys take credit cards? That "trip advisor" link says you take cash only.. if this is the case, I'd really recommend you take credit- many people, myself included, often don't carry cash.

Gannon

Post Number: 14792
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I DID call Greg on that Trip Advisor advice, thanks, and then promptly didn't put it on MY list of to do's...thanks for the reminder.

Living_in_the_d,

Was that you from Henry Ford Hospital? If so, sorry to make you remind me more than once, and if NOT, please call and ask for me outside of lunchtime hours and I will e-mail you a .pdf of our last menu.

There are a few changes happening to it...but not enough to have you miss seeing it now.

We'll have delivery available, and catering for meetings, please call for specifics! You'll LOVE our Rockstar Delivery...

Cheers all, and Registered Guest, if you have any backbone whatsoever, come down and try what we offer now and see if the product has changed any.

We had a few very minor glitches at first, but as far as I know everything is well up to speed...and we've already improved a few issues that seriously needed attention.

It's been a very fun and exhausting three weeks.

Cheers

Sciencefair
Username: Sciencefair

Post Number: 138
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After a half hour of reading this bizarre thread, I'm neither more or no less likely to eat at Eph's and I'm definitely a little confused. Maybe all of this post-aquisition follow-up commentary should be in a different thread?

Detsfb
Username: Detsfb

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At Margdar's suggestion, I picked up dinner on the way home. Delish! So glad to have another downtown restaurant that's actually open for dinner.

Gannon, I got your message from Margdar about that switched sandwich...I'll be around again soon! Thanks for a tasty dinner.

Bike4beer
Username: Bike4beer

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just got home from a night down in the D. Had a great dinner down at Ephs (since they are now open when I have a chance to make it down there). My wife and I both loved the food. I have not read through this entire thread but for people that don't know what is going on they will just be happy to have another food choice downtown.

After our food we headed next door to Foran's for some great beer.

I hope that the late nights continue. It is a definite plus for those of us that don't live/work close enough to make it down for "detroit" business hours.

Planning a night of Food, Ice Skating and Beer for a big group to enjoy once the ice is ready.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 320
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, you didn't answer my question; do you accept credit cards or not?

Histeric
Username: Histeric

Post Number: 958
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Atwater, Eph's accepts Visa and MC...and has for a year and a half. No credit cards was a policy of Eph McNally's and was never even considered as an option for Eph's.

PKbroch - the link you provided is a link for the defunct Eph McNally's. It hasn't been corrected because it isn't a link to Eph's. The two restaurants are two separate and distinct legal entities and I have no rights to alter anything related to Eph McNally's. I will see about starting a new listing on various websites for Eph's. Thank you for pointing it out. I know it can be a bit confusing. Just think of it as a convoluted franchise...where the original went out of business, and the child continues on the proud tradition of its parent.

Long_in_the_tooth
Username: Long_in_the_tooth

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is there a 10% discount on water if i use my D.R.E.A.D. card?