Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » The Carlton « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 620
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up with this development ?

Website is down.....

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been down for a while. Your best bet is to call the number on the side of the building. And be down there to catch the guy who is "showing" the lofts.

I went there in July to see a loft and the number rang & rang. No answering machine or anything. The guy called me back 15 minutes later and offered to show me a few units. He was very nice, but the whole thing was very odd. No official office, no business cards, no web site, no flyers, etc. Just a guy who appeared to be hanging out there or working there.

I saw a few units & was very very interested, but they never emailed me or called me, despite leaving my contact info. Not sure if that was a random experience, but I am waiting for these units to be auctioned off in the Wayne Co. Tax Forfeiture Auction. About half of the units in the bldg are in tax foreclosure last time I looked.

French777

Post Number: 621
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love this building!

I wish the website was up. . .

Vivadetroit

Post Number: 125
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know! Me, too. Have you been in there? They did a great job in there. Some of them are duplex lofts and the ones that face downtown are fabulous! I wish I would have taken pix inside, I could have shown you. :-( If I hear anything about this place, I will let you know, ok?! I would love one of these lofts too.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 769
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My only beef about the whole thing was that they put the AC units on the balconies it makes the building look so strange.

French777

Post Number: 622
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 6:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is there a rooftop deck?

Tompage
Username: Tompage

Post Number: 69
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 6:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend you contact realtor Austin Black at austin@austinb2.com. He'll be able to get you in the Carlton. I live around the corner in the Carola. There are some spectacular units in the Carlton, some with "million dollar" views of the city. Great people too.

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 91
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been an owner in the Carlton for 3 years and absolutely love it. The views are indeed awesome and we have a great group of co-owners. I concur with Tom - contact Austin. He is very knowledgable and is great to work with.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 3585
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Old Yeller" before rehab:

http://detroitfunk.com/?p=894

http://detroitfunk.com/?p=746

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 554
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cool shots. Have any/all the units inside "Old Yeller" all been sold?

Vivadetroit

Post Number: 130
Posted on Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like this development is in a lot of trouble. Check out the story in today's Freep/DetNews real estate section:
http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081130/BUSINESS04/811300346/1 002/BUSINESS

Looks like no one will touch it w/ a 10-foot pole. It's sad since it's such a nice development.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.