Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Midtown Corner Cafe « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 401
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was in town this weekend and, when driving down John R, noticed this new place on the corner of, I think, Canfield. How long's it been open? Is it worth adding to my places-to-try list?

Had dinner with my GF and a friend at the Mercury Coffee bar last night and thought it was lovely. I'll def. be back.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 965
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah its a good spot. Has that bustling city feel to it. Tons of options on food there.

Drjeff
Username: Drjeff

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Midtown has excellent food. I'm especially fond of their reubens. It's been there at least two years. I work down the street at WSU and it does a lot of business at lunch.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 405
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shows how much attention i've been paying - two years!?

I've ridden down John R countless times and didn't seem to notice it.

Quonset_hut
Username: Quonset_hut

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The food is fine. I tried a Sy Ginsberg Corned Beef sandwich and it was wonderful. Looked on the internet and found the Corned Beef at Hiller's Market. I'm at Karmanos every two weeks and like to stop at Midtown when I have the time.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.