Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Livonia's own 'Churchill' rises to defend Detroit Auto, eloquently « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I missed this post earlier, my apologies.

We need a lot more guys like this!

http://info.detnews.com/redesi gn/blogs/danielhowesblog/index .cfm

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great,measured presentation and argument.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 6453
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Already being discussed, and just a few topics down the page, in fact:

OMG! McCotter just hit it out of the park!

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 2945
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barney Franks responding to applause "It's (the speech) been long enough without that stuff" Screw him. This McCotter speaks for a whole bunch of people in this country. Franks and others better listen.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 662
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since I now live in TX, I first heard of McCotter on the Dennis Miller Radio Show. He's thoughtful and eloquent; I like his ideas a lot. He seems to have the kind appeal that could take him national, if he'd want that.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 873
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's nice to see that McCotter can rise above this oil drilling rantings to actually make a coherent case for the Big 3. I'm sure that his conservative credentials took a hit for making the case that government actually has a role to play in this.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7981
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made it clear the CEO's of the Big Three. Show me the proposals and I'll show you all the money if approved by both houses and signed by the president. Otherwise plan for bankruptcy.

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McCotter's speech was posted on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U7YBjjLKLd0 .
I'm not a Republican but was highly impressed with his eloquence. Much more so than Pelosi's stupid sounding use of game-show jargon.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 2752
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always liked him. He was the only one from around here talking sense about the bailout, well, Senator Stabenow was talking sense also.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.