Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Ford & Volvo top safe car list « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mopardan
Username: Mopardan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GM also, but my Mopar crew wasn't unfortunately. Still, who says the Detroit 3 can't compete?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 81125/ap_on_bi_ge/safe_cars
Good luck to y'all up there!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9282
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome. Even better that is a safety award from the Insurance Industry who actually has vested interests in such things, rather than a JD Power or such. Go Ford!

Haikoont
Username: Haikoont

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Go Ford!

We might have to strip you of your SE Michigan citizenship, Johnlodge. Ahem:

Go Fords!

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2815
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Chrysler LLC was the only major automaker that did not receive a single award. They said Chrysler could have picked up five awards if the head restraints had been improved in the Dodge Avenger and Chrysler Sebring, the Sebring convertible and the Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country

Oops.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9287
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh look, _sj_ found the negative part to post. That's new.

Truthfully, there is a reason they gave Al Bundy a Dodge. Sorry Chrysler.

Mopardan

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I mentioned the Mopar guys didn't make the list in the original post...must be a Cheby guy reiteratin' it. Besides, Chrysler's still shaking off that Daimler virus it had for 10 years.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 417
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Avenger/Sebring and the Grand Caravan are vehicles that I'm pretty familiar with, and I've gotta say that the headrests they've already got are a pain in the ass (or back of the head), and I imagine they'll only be more so once they meet the new standards for 2010 or whenever. Same goes for PT and Caliber/Compass/Patriot, but more so

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2299
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Lexus wasn't on the list, either. Too bad.

Ford, second to none in safety (read above).

Ford, second to none in quality (read latest Consumer Reports).

Ford, beating Toyota in MPG: check the MPG of the new Fusion out in a month versus the Camry. Regular or Hybrid, the Ford wins.

Ford, with the fun technology. Yay, SYNC!

By the way, I have also heard that the Ford display at the NAIAS will be quite interesting.

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notice that for the most part, the media ignores the fact that Ford cars are so good. I own a Chevy Impala and I love it. The best car I've ever sat in.

Mopardan

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not a Chevy guy, but the Impalas we have in our fleet get excellent gas mileage. Plus you gotta love that lumbar support on a long road trip.
In any case, there have been a few positive articles lately that the auto execs can use as ammo.

Rijobo
Username: Rijobo

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The FORD Crown Victoria rules the road for safety, power and comfort. A very reliable car

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 502
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its great to see the latest news out of Detroit. Sadly though, even people with excellent credit, people who have paid off many cars are now having trouble getting financing. I think much of the problem with sagging sales has to do with getting a loan from a bank

I hope things improve......Jane. Happy Turkey day

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 2301
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ford Dealers can get you credit from FMCC.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1836
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

True, it's the perception, thanks to TV news, that nobody can get credit to buy cars.

Otter

Post Number: 422
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pffft,

it is not just perception. I wanted to get some firsthand information on this this week in response to a request by my boss, and spoke to some of the dealers we work with, who told me that buyers with good credit can still get credit, but buyers with OK or bad credit have a much harder time getting leases and loans.

Pffft

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I said, the perception is that "nobody" can get credit to buy cars. The reality is that if you have OK or good credit, you're fine.

Pffft

Post Number: 1838
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thus, if reading comprehension was 100%, we only disagree on the "OK" credit.

Otter

Post Number: 423
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pfft,

I read the "nobody" as a straw man argument, or perhaps just an exaggeration. I have not seen anybody make the argument that literally nobody can get credit. Have you?

Peachlaser
Username: Peachlaser

Post Number: 264
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great news and the kind that will help bring Detroit back.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3965
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Truthfully, there is a reason they gave Al Bundy a Dodge. Sorry Chrysler.

LOL!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.