Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Thanksgiving. » Archive through November 25, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 5168
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thankful for the international family of this forum who care so much about our beloved and beaten-up cities astride the straits and who have taught me so much about them.

Det313grrl
Username: Det313grrl

Post Number: 444
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell,
Let me be the the first to thank you, for allowing us collectively to gather and share the tales of this international family.

Civilprotectionunit4346
Username: Civilprotectionunit4346

Post Number: 770
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I gotta work thanksgiving day...so bllllaahh!

Mashugruskie
Username: Mashugruskie

Post Number: 267
Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thankful for Detroit who gave my immigrant ancestors a place to prosper. I am thankful for my family, who fill me with joy. I am thankful for the Cubs of Detroit, who teach me what the rest of the country hasn't learned about Detroit and its resilient people.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 4068
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thankful to the Detroit that gave my mom and dad a brand new start in life when they moved here from the Appalachian mountains. So in a way they were immigrants too Mash!

Mashugruskie

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Detroit gave most who came here a lot. And so, as Patti Smith used to sing, "Do not abandon!".

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3903
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen to all the above. I'm thankful to come back once a year and drive around all the "old places". The memories are wonderful.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 475
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hAPPY THANKSGIVING

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL HERE, YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS EVERYWHERE. BE BLESSED ALWAYS.
MY LOVE,
DIANE

Lowell
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 5169
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thankful for those who work on Thanksgiving day to so that rest of us can enjoy our turkey and suffer with our Lions in warmth and security.

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 358
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 1:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy Thanksgiving to my new forum family who have accepted me as one of them and are giving me excellent advise regarding my move up there.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 724
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Lowell for the site, and to all who have taught me stuff about Detroit and urban farming ETC.AND for this forum for putting up with some of my dumber post. Thanks again

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2964
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell - thanks for this on line community that shows change for the better starts from the bottom up, instead of the top down.

Docterry
Username: Docterry

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell -
Thanks for a place to find some of the most interesting, helpful and off-beat info and events in our beloved, if beleaguered, city.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 4794
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to everyone who posts here who is right or wrong, funny or not so, opinionated or just the opposite. In other words, thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer other's questions, and voice their concerns. It makes this a fun, or at the very least, an interesting place to be

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you Lowell for having a dream and following it through. Thank you for putting up with all the headaches and thank you for ItsJeff bench and stone.

To ItsJeff, we never met, but you sure are missed.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 958
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone- Happy Thanksgiving to all the forumers!!

Taxpayer7
Username: Taxpayer7

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To DetroitYes Family: I'd like to wish all of you a safe and warm Thanksgiving with your families. I found this site a little over 4 months ago and I must say, I have never felt so enlightened by the topics contained here. From the past to the present; from reuniting with old neighbors, friends and schoolmates; to getting up-to-speed on Detroit politics and issues; I am today, a much more informed citizen. If there was ever any wonder about the integrity, intelligence, and heart & soul of the vast majority of the citizens of Detroit and Metro Detroit, you have shown that YES WE CARE; and more importantly, YES WE CAN! Thank you again, and let's keep the positive forces going. Blessings to you all!!

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 980
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thankful for my DYes family.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Ruxy17
Username: Ruxy17

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thankful for... (in no particular order):
1.) my health.
2.) my incredible family, especially my little brother, for whom I have a whole new level of respect since he moved in with me a year ago.
3.) having a job.
4.) my fellow detroiters and detroit supporters, who, in the face of haters, "no"s and every reason in the world to throw up their hands and give up, still fight vehemently for the city they love. Thank you all.

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 4275
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for being part of a larger family: mankind...

We may disagree at times, but what brings us together is the city that has shaped beliefs through our experiences..

I have felt connected with the city of my youth thanks to you. I have felt hope that one day Detroit will grow into a vibrant city for all peoples.

I have learned from you and have been humbled by you, for that I thank Lowell and his vision...I feel connected to a home that has been always part of me, but now so far away, it is now just a computer screen away...

Happy thanksgiving and find time to forgive, that truly will make this a good Thanksgiving.

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 557
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, thanks for putting together this wonderful project of yours for the past decade and more. You have managed to create a thriving online community that, despite its naysayers, deeply care about improving Detroit, remembering its history, and celebrating the city. Thanks so much!

Thanks also Kathleen, for helping me to see Detroit in a way I otherwise could not.

And thanks to Cub and company, who are doing an amazing job bringing hope and love to a neighborhood.

Finally, thanks to everyone else on the Forum, for all your contributions. I thoroughly enjoy reading them.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm thankfull my boss hasnt busted me for posting at work. (yet)

Det313grrl

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Det313grrl

Post Number: 448
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whaler
Username: Whaler

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am Cooking Dinner for the Veterans at AmVets Post 57..My Kids are living out of town so i am trying to give something back to the Older Vets...Peace to all on the Forum...Whaler

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruxy17, inspiring words. Lowell, inspiring web site. I am new to detroityes and a suburban Detroiter and am thrilled to have such a positive pro-Detroit community to communicate with. Thanks for your enthusiasm and civic spirit!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockwell

Cub

Post Number: 983
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice! Hey Boo boo, where's the pies?

Mashugruskie

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll email them, Cub.

Cub

Post Number: 984
Posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO^!