Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit the Game « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mopardan
Username: Mopardan

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any of you guys remember this old DOS game from the early 90s? On the cover was an Edsel & a compelling question: "Can You Change Automotive History?".
I completely forgot I had this until I began clearing out some old books & software; my wife has been on me to get moving, so during the UT-A&M halftime I grabbed a cardboard box & started loading it up.
Whammo! There it was jammed behind a couple of books. I wasted no time installing it on my PC. Graphics are a little grainy & it's pretty primitive compared to today's PC games; it's turn-based simulation as you have to manage a budget, design cars, deal with striking workers, invest in R&D, advertise, etc. Not to mention a few events pop up like World Wars I/II, plus the Great Depression.
If none of y'all ever saw or played it, here's a link giving the skinny on it: http://www.ibiblio.org/GameBytes/issue20/greviews/detroit.html

I think the furthest I ever got as far as years was into the mid 50s. This isn't an Earth-shattering post, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover I still had the game.
Hope everyone had a safe & enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Detroit Game Box

Russix
Username: Russix

Post Number: 161
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you get the Depression 2.0 expansion pack?

Jeduncan
Username: Jeduncan

Post Number: 208
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lmao

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.